NC Powdercoaters?

Andy J.

Doin’ it LIVE
Anyone know or have experience with any powdercoaters in NC (preferably near Greensboro)? I was thinking of going this route with some of my projects and was wondering if there was one nearby. :beer:

I use M@J machine shop near charlotte NC. he has done my rims sliders and rear bumper. I wish he would do my whole zuk body

Advanced Metal Sales and Fab and Airborn Coatings here in Charlotte are good places......

Can you give me an idea on pricing? Say, for example, how much it costs to have a set of rocker guards powdercoated? Do they prep the parts also (sandblasting or whatever), or are you expected to do that? Thanks

FrontPorchFab said:
Anyone know or have experience with any powdercoaters in NC (preferably near Greensboro)? I was thinking of going this route with some of my projects and was wondering if there was one nearby. :beer:

I don't know the name of the place, but a buddy of mine builds trailers for a living and has a supplier in Lexington that can powder coat an entire trailer. I can find out the name if you like.

Matt

check out the sears(craftsman) website, they sale a hand held powdercoater. Although you would have to find an oven large enough to put the sliders in in at 450 degreez

topcoat in durham does all our stuff. they do some really nice work.

Premier Powder coating in Asheboro, I dropped off the 65 chevelle frame over there last wednesday and their shop was clean people were friendly and the samples looked great. I'll post back up in the next few days when I pick it up and let y'all know how the final product turned out. -steve

:driver: I would like to know about the one in Asheboro. I could drop my junk off on the way to uwharrie, then pick it up again on my way to uwharrie ;) . Seriously though, let us know how it turns out.

This one may be closer to you:

Advanced Powder Coating
403 MacArthur Ln.
Burlington, NC

336-524-0001

I have a place I take all my stuff to.

I take all my stuff to a place in Pinehurst, NC because they do amazing work. :) :D :Rockon: They are a good price and have all the colors i could think of. They did my cage and lift and stuff like that. They also have sandblasting and can sandblast and powdercaot things the size of dumptrucks. LMAO!!! Well good luck with your powdercoating.

KRAWLER :driver:

In Charlotte I go to - Pinto Metal Fab - aka PMF powdercoating. My friend is a fabricator for them ---> www.pintometalfab.com or 704-596-8696 They are located sorta near UNCC good guys that are straight up with ya. Ask for Andy

the website is lame, but they do great work! Most customer have them build custom flatbed trucks for just about anything, and their powdercoating and oven is on site so its all done in house. Got my rockers done there and will have my cage powdercoated as soon as I get off my arse and build it!

I picked up the '65 frame in asheboro and it looks great, they really do professional work over there. The price was very reasonable $640 to have the frame blasted, both lower control arms and them powder coated gloss black. We've got several other things that will be going back over there soon, a few moser 60's, front suspension off the '70 R/T etc. I'll update with any thing else, but definitely A+. -steve

Back