My brake lights won't turn off.

spraypaintman

On my cj7 that I just installed a bigger booster and MC. Is there a sensor that I need to adjust? Thanks...

:beer:

Do they turn off when you press the brake pedal?
Maybe wired backwards, or not wired at all.

No, they just stay on all the time. I may have bumped a sensor up near the pedal when I installed the rod to the pedal.

is the push rod the same length as the booster you took off? It sounds like it is probably shorter, which makes the pedal stay pushed in further. There is a switch connected to the pedal that you can adjust a little but you may have to use a different push rod.

The push rod is the same length. So I guess the brake light switch isn't touching the pedal arm. I may have bumped it while installing the new booster. It was really tight up in there. LOL

:beer:

If the pedal was hitting all the time, brake lights wouldn't come on. When you press the pedal, it releases the brake light switch and your lights come on. You get off the pedal, it returns and depresses the brake light switch, turning them off.

Compliments of Bill C. :beer:

cjblswitch_insitu.gif

Sorry.....tw89yj is right.....I was thinking about it wrong. I should have remembered. I had the same problem with my jeep when I installed power brakes.

Back