Moving from Vegas...

IMG_0858.PNG
so... Vegas sucks and I'm moving my family out to apex later this year. Question is I have a big ass crazy jeep zj on 42"s with tons and full hydro. cage and all the goodies. Is there crazy wheeling out there? Trying to decide if I should sell it or haul it out.

I just realized where I posted this. Can someone move it?

Carolina no....closer to Tennessee, Georgia, West Virgina, and Virginia is your best bet.

But NC? You like gravel roads with some erroded lines and maybe 200 yards total of challenge try UNF and some small private playgrounds. Playground offer much more challenge but zero ground to cover.
Coming from that area my guess is your going to be very disappointed at what we have left in NC.

As long as you have a tow rig, a trailer, and willing to drive 6hrs you'll be fine

Harlan
Windrock
AOP
Golden Mountain
Rausch creek

Should all support your rig

But as stated above a "day trip" with what you have will be disappointing and without any challenge

Useful and interesting list :)

Now now... Don't let the nay sayers sway your views.

The Flats and the Shop are day trip worthy if you don't mind a haul and tons of fun.

the Shop are day trip worthy if you don't mind a haul and tons of fun.

Yeah...good luck at the Shop....you better make DAMN sure you've check with everyone and their brother before you make a trek out there...otherwise you MAY get turned away once you get there

Yeah...good luck at the Shop....you better make DAMN sure you've check with everyone and their brother before you make a trek out there...otherwise you MAY get turned away once you get there

I've heard that... then again I haven't hardly wheeled in the last year. Planning to finish 2017 strong though.

???

For those who may not know, I'm a board member of the Rock Corps and we manage The Shop.

CTB had a group outing planned to.come ride The Shop. However, there had been ridiculous amounts of rain there within the last day or so and as a result the trails were in horrible condition. The pond at the bottom of the park had completed filled up with silt and a neighboring property had similar issues due to erosion and the recent rain. None of us on the board were aware of this.
When CTB arrived the property owner basically turned them away since The Shop and his own neighboring property were in such poor shape after the rain. We, the Rock Corps, looked foolish and did our part to save face to CTB.
We have since spent literally thousands of dollars to repair erosion issues and to clean the silt from the pond.
This was a lesson learned for our club. CTB went to The Flats and rode that day so at least their day wasn't completely wasted.
I can speak for the board of directors as well as the club when I again say we are sorry. We have since made changes to make sure this will never happen again.

Last edited:
But on the original point, bring that ZJ out here. Ive been following you in instagram for a few years, I'd love to see that rig in person :D

It'll probably come with. I have to downsize my fleet of vehicles (I think I have 8) before the move. Jeep fits in a garage though so that's a bonus. My last hoa hated the thing so I registered it and left it in the driveway. How is NC about vehicles like that on the road? Nevada does not give a single ****. You can put a plate on anything and drive it. It's illegal but they don't enforce anything.

It'll probably come with. I have to downsize my fleet of vehicles (I think I have 8) before the move. Jeep fits in a garage though so that's a bonus. My last hoa hated the thing so I registered it and left it in the driveway. How is NC about vehicles like that on the road? Nevada does not give a single ****. You can put a plate on anything and drive it. It's illegal but they don't enforce anything.
if its got headlights brake lights and turn signals no one cares, unless its a prick cop.

I have an xj on 42's and enjoyed the Shop when I went. I make a yearly trip to Harlan with NAXJA and always have fun. Keep it if you don't mind a tow to wheel. I don't. I think some area's of NC require a smog if you want to street it. I could be wrong. GL!

From what iv read pre 96 doesn't smog. I always trailer it to wheel unless it's near the house. I love on the edge of town and there's a bunch of rock crawling a mile away. Vegas is small. I'm going to sell my trailer before I come out unless I can find a plate to put it till we get a house.

Your only problem is full hydro steering. NC specifically states that is illegal I believe.

Your only problem is full hydro steering. NC specifically states that is illegal I believe.

Back