MOTD (Meme of the Day)

Lights meme.jpg

nuff said...

Yep...guilty as charged...dayum. Yeah, that's what I said. Er, something like holy sh...
I got to starring I mean thinking. Without the rest of the individual we are assuming not 14. Otherwise we're all dirty ol men and gonna burn.

I got to starring I mean thinking. Without the rest of the individual we are assuming not 14. Otherwise we're all dirty ol men and gonna burn.
LOL I was thinking something similar the moment I clicked "Post Reply"

FYI this is completely wrong (re: why it works). Its about context.
Ok. I know my brain and most everyone's processes it and produces an intelligible reading but didn't really bother to understand why, just that it was interesting that it works that way. It wasn't an attempt to illuminates as to how it happens, just that it works in other contexts as well. That quite a dated text actually, I remember it from at least 8 10 years ago.

Ok. I know my brain and most everyone's processes it and produces an intelligible reading but didn't really bother to understand why, just that it was interesting that it works that way. It wasn't an attempt to illuminates as to how it happens, just that it works in other contexts as well. That quite a dated text actually, I remember it from at least 8 10 years ago.
This wasn't a knock on you per se. I'm saying literally within the text, it says that your brain doesn't care about the order of letters, but all that matters is the first and last letters. That is simply not true. This thing has been floating around online for about 15 years at least, since I was in grad school.

Take the following, how well can you read them and tell what they are:

mses

onedr

mttaer

pebrlom

by themselves, much harder to figure out what the words are supposed to be. That's b/c (fluent) reading is just as much about the context on either side of the word, it gives you a sort of prime to fill in the missing info/minimize confusion. Also - note that the letter scramble isn't pure, it's only "local" to syllables so that globally the portions of the words still works out right in a rough structural sense. This is particularly important with long words..
OK enough nerdy stuff for now.

Yep...guilty as charged...dayum. Yeah, that's what I said. Er, something like holy sh...

I read it wrong as well. Damn ass pics will do it every time.
You know whats really funny? I didn't realize it was wrong until about 6 of you posted about it. I had to re-read it at least 10 more times to figure out the problem. Still not sure, gonna go read it again.

Back