MOTD (Meme of the Day)

Mmmm Walleye, haven't had that for some time, Grew up fishing for walleye best damn fried fish I've had, with Drakes batter. And fresh water perch once or twice a year too. Funny thing is my grandfather would cuss every time we caught a catfish, didn't know people ate them till I moved here.
i talked to a buddy that give me the area for some big yellow perch. waking up at 4am is gonna suck but they do taste good. we may even catch the odd eye in there as well.

Where at? I grew up in Toledo and fished out near port Clinton/Sandusky OH. Nothing near hear I assume. We always trolled for walleye. Dropped a spreader on the bottom for Perch.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Where at? I grew up in Toledo and fished out near port Clinton/Sandusky OH. Nothing near hear I assume. We always trolled for walleye. Dropped a spreader on the bottom for Perch.

Quite a few lakes in WNC Easter Tennessee have walleye. Kerr lake has some on the Virginia line but I don’t think anyone targets them there. But I always see a few a year getting pulled out, old timer said they stay below the striper but no ones goes down any deeper when they get into the striper. We fished a trout trolling tournament weekend before July 4th and guy caught 2 over 25” within 15 minutes of starting

Edit: lake James would be the closest lake to you with walleye. I plan on trying it this fall/winter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know....., all I ever heard about was catfish and Bass once I moved down here, guess I hung with the wrong crowds, now if I could find some good salmon fishing close too! Like I need something else to spend time and money on.

Good to know....., all I ever heard about was catfish and Bass once I moved down here, guess I hung with the wrong crowds, now if I could find some good salmon fishing close too! Like I need something else to spend time and money on.

Use to be Kokanee salmon in nantahala lake, population is basically not there now but there is talk of restocking it. Fontana has some big trout. Watauga lake has lake trout and they get pretty dang big. Then again none of those compare to the land locked salmon around the Great Lakes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mmmm Walleye, haven't had that for some time, Grew up fishing for walleye best damn fried fish I've had, with Drakes batter. And fresh water perch once or twice a year too. Funny thing is my grandfather would cuss every time we caught a catfish, didn't know people ate them till I moved here.

I seen Walleye on the red lobster online menu just the other day.....

Screenshot_20190716-193929_Instagram.jpg

Made a meme this morning
35y6ov.jpg

Culver's has it on the regular menu. If you live near a Culver's (there's one next door to IKEA in Charlotte), you can have fried Walleye for lunch today.
Good to know, there is one down by me on the state line in SC , might have to try it out. I know they are from up north, Wisconsin or somewhere.

Today was definitely a 3 shirt day! One before lunch, one after lunch & one on the way back into the office.

Back