More Biodiesel

Right now, bio is typically a few cents more a gallon than dinodiesel. There is actually a large plant south of raleigh that is making soydiesel. Apparently NC has decieded that soy is the only acceptable and legal type of bio in the state. We looked into running bio in our generators at work and the higher ups decided that the ability to say we run on bio did not out weight the costs. I believe that it is not just a cost, but knowing that you are making a difference by running something that is renewable. I can't wait to get out of homeowners association land to where I can setup my own reactor and start making some of my own fuel.

Actually, since all this bullshit with the hurricanes, the Bio has been neck and neck. The cheap diesel place here is 2.98, and I just called the Bio place in Cary (which was always more expensive before by .15 or so), and it's 2.99

Damnit, it just went up yesterday afternoon by $.20, and I need to fill up today.. :mad:

I will have to check around but i Think the restrictions on offroad diesel have been lifted?

These opens a whole world of questions

scarface said:
I will have to check around but i Think the restrictions on offroad diesel have been lifted?

These opens a whole world of questions

I heard something about that on the radio, but I also heard you have to send your taxes in. It was lifted because of the fuel shortage.

I wonder if that falls under the "personal use" exemption for waste veggie oil for the ~1600 gallons a year?

I don't know of anywhere on the way home that sells off road though...

Rich said:
I wonder if that falls under the "personal use" exemption for waste veggie oil for the ~1600 gallons a year?

I don't know of anywhere on the way home that sells off road though...

I think I saw it in Duncan. not too far from you

"If soybean prices were to increase, then naturally we could make more money with soybeans," Boyette said.

Uuummmnnn, Duh?

We subsidize tobacco in this state. Farmers in the midwest "throw away" millions of pounds of soy beans each year. We buy petroleum from people that hate us...Seems to me that Bio-diesel could solve (or at least greatly improve) these three issues. Get the NC farmers to grow soy instead of tobacco, no need to subsidize it. Midwest farmers have a good market to sell their product (and with a reasonable price on soy, the farmers can make a reasonable amount from it). We have to buy less oil from countries that like to shoot at us...Why does this seem so simple...yet it's like pulling eye-teeth to get people to use bio, the Government to "allow" it, and the "oil" companies to embrace it (produce it, ship it, sell it-simple).

NC_Mog said:
The Exxon on Hwy 55 in Apex sells offroad diesel.

That place scares me.. I can only imagine what's in the bottom of those tanks... :lol:

But.. the price is right... I heard the exemption was extended to 10/5?

Back