monster tow rig

wow!! Here's a few..kinda hard working full time job,keeping up with my 3 year old son,and keeping the wifey happy!! LOL Special thanks to my good friend doug of SHADOWERKS for all the help! because im no fab. guy i like to bolt stuff on.. :flipoff2: Heres a few of the grille and bumper. Shackle flip next, also Tim odell is covering my new seats front and back. hopefully get them this week so i can drive the monster again.
tank2.jpg

tank1.jpg

Bumper..6'' recessed driving lights,and recessed tag,plan on getting bumper sprayed with linex type texture not sure yet so we left it in primer,grille is a phantom grille fix good for the most part but because of the intercooler we had to custom fit it so it would all fix nicely..

You mentioned a 3 year old son. Not worried about him and those front spikes? Or of a liable suit brought on by parking it somewhere and someone ripping a leg open?

You mentioned a 3 year old son. Not worried about him and those front spikes? Or of a liable suit brought on by parking it somewhere and someone ripping a leg open?

They look like the lugnut covers that I see on some 18 wheelers. If they are if you look at them wrong they will fall off. :rolleyes:

LOL,not to worried about a liable suit, kinda like big ole hitches hanging behind trucks you'll only bump into it one time!! Far as my son goes far as I see it its up to me to watch him when were around it. I'm more worried about him trying to drive his gator into the neighbors pond.. lol that was a lil Kinda of subject.

Saw this at MarsFab show today.. It is awesome!

Thanks guys ive really worked hard on her for the last few months got all the bugs worked out totally changed the inside up,blacked out all windows,more lift,custom bumpers by SHADOWORX,got the parking brakes working,fix all leaks but a lil normal cummins drip...next up gonna do a custom fiberglass console with subs and cup holders ect. Getting used to driving this monster was a challange if youve never driven a big rig floatin gears is the shiznit!! love it really all i've ever wanted in a truck, all she really could stand is some a/c.. trying to figure that one out as we speek. wish they made a smaller version off the a/c units they got on rigs for the sleepers all i would have to do is pipe it in!! be to easy right. Heres a pic a got off of 4x4cross were i had it at galloways show.
229117_10150278147813066_414748618065_9449477_4093321_n.jpg

talked to you at the pull(about buying the old super b special) your truck is nasty!

If it still has all of the factory A/C in the dash then you need a york style compressor and a expansion valve . you could make that work pretty easy I can also talk to my dad and find out where you can find a good mouse air set p at he lives in OK and it gets hot down there .

Thanks big ben!! had alot of fun at the pull talked to alot of nice people there and almost EVERYONE knew this monster from watching the build on here..
Wwildman it has all of the fatory air stuff except the condenser and compressor,only problem i know i'll have is theres no room for the condenser the front of the truck is stuffed with innercooler and monster radiator.. wondering if i can mount condenser else were with a electric fan to cool it?? open for ideas becouse its fixing to get hot!!

yeah you can mount a condenser anywhere granted your lines will reach. Our cab forward truck is mount to the front right side at an angle with an electric fan.

yeah you can mount a condenser anywhere granted your lines will reach. Our cab forward truck is mount to the front right side at an angle with an electric fan.

Cool man thanks got a guy that can make my hoses.. Gettin closer bout time to round up some parts.

i saw this beast at the truck pull it looked really good but i think it should have been on the track pullin

Haha maybe soon gotta get the the front and rear axles to match.. Then i really want to give it a try till then ill pimp around in it. Lol

Finally mastered the whole 9 speed deal... down shiftin was a challange but with a lil throttle it kinda sucks it in a lower gear. starting to enjoy driving it with only a lil gear grindin here and there..lol. wanted to find out what the monster had so i stretched her out the other day, Had it up to 90 mph at 45 pounds of boost 1700 on the pyro gauge so i backed out of it but was still climbing in speed. Herd alot of different things about boost and egt's but not sure whats good and bad.. soo what im stickin with is.. not to much over 40 pounds of boost or i might blow a head gasket,try and not keep it over 1500 degrees for long spirts and all should be fine. Def diggin the way it feels when its makin boost is like hittin the nitrous!! this is my first diesel and my first turbo ride.

Finally mastered the whole 9 speed deal... down shiftin was a challange but with a lil throttle it kinda sucks it in a lower gear. starting to enjoy driving it with only a lil gear grindin here and there..lol. wanted to find out what the monster had so i stretched her out the other day, Had it up to 90 mph at 45 pounds of boost 1700 on the pyro gauge so i backed out of it but was still climbing in speed. Herd alot of different things about boost and egt's but not sure whats good and bad.. soo what im stickin with is.. not to much over 40 pounds of boost or i might blow a head gasket,try and not keep it over 1500 degrees for long spirts and all should be fine. Def diggin the way it feels when its makin boost is like hittin the nitrous!! this is my first diesel and my first turbo ride.

The 40 lbs boost is a good max from what I've heard for a 6BT Cummins. 1500 sounds kinda high as your EGT baseline, I've heard anything over 1200-1300 for more than a few seconds is bad.

Have you had a chance to put some weight behind it?

Back