Monster Jam attendees

bowtieman55

I'm planning on attending Monster jam at the Charlotte Bobcats arena next month. I haven't been to a MJ event in 7 years and am wondering which evening would be better? I know Saturday will be Eliminations, but I also want to see the Freestyle event. When we went 7 years ago (at the Astrodome) we went on Saturday, but I don't really remember a whole lot, besides that the Grave Digger was the hometown boy:huggy:
Any input is appreciated:beer:

Ive been to 2 at bobcats. Sorry they suck. Even my 7 year old says they suck. The racee they literally jump 2 cars. straight line 2 cars finish line.
The race times were like .65 secs to .71 secs...garbage.
freestyle is even worse, unless you like donuts galore it is just too small.

the old Charlotte arena was much bigger and better.

Even better we took the kids to Atlanta a few weeks back; that kicked azz...

I just went friday at the RBC center in raleigh and same thing there they jumped 3 cars and were already on the brakes when they landed. The best part was a pileup while the quads raced and grave digger snapping a tailshaft. For the price it wasn't too bad though.

Wait for the one at the Lowes Dirt Track in August, they had 4 school buses, a motorhome, boats and other stuff to wreck for freestyle plus the usual car burn with a jet. Last year they had to "race" at least 400-500 yards. The mechanic for Scarlet Bandit said they could at least hit 55 on the race portion.

Watch this to get an idea, but, wait till the end, slow freestyle trucks are first - lame - but T-MAXX at the end (about 2 1/2 minutes in) makes it all worth it, clears the busses lengthwize then wads it up nice. 6 of 6 of these video's shows the Avenger finishing the motor home off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG5TEzzdycM

I'd say the last evening they offer it would be the one to attend. That's when they are allowed to tear everything up in freestyle and such.

They don't want to have to reset the whole floor after the first night so they tell the drivers to be easy with the props and stuff and try not to tear up the jumps too bad.

I say this not because I'm a huge Monster Jam fan...(Monster Jam is like the WWF of motorsports...it's all a show "race"...) But I got the chance to work a Monster Jam show a year or so ago...and specifically heard them telling the drivers this...

I did get to see a $35,000 motor blow up though...that was worth it to point and laugh at...

I've already promised my kids to take them to the Saturday show.

The one at Lowes Dirt Track later this year sounds promising.

THANKS EVERYBODY...I think I may wait until August:beer:

I just went friday at the RBC center in raleigh and same thing there they jumped 3 cars and were already on the brakes when they landed. The best part was a pileup while the quads raced and grave digger snapping a tailshaft. For the price it wasn't too bad though.

I went to RBC Sat night. It was as lame as folks here predicted, but my son enjoyed it so that made it all worth it to me.

Back