Mobile home axles

strange1

Is it possible to convert them over to something with a standard bolt pattern?

Is it possible to convert them over to something with a standard bolt pattern?
Only by swapping out the drums. And you can get new axles for not much more. I drew up an adapter a few years ago and it was ridiculous how big it had to be. Plus the added width of a couple inches per side.

We have two trailers with mobile home axles, and I found this article when we were looking at switching them over. Our axles were the #42 spindle, but like the article mentions the backing plates for the brakes are welded on, and by the time we priced new hubs and brakes and replacing the brake flange it wasn't too much more to get new axles. Since we had several good tires and can get them new pretty easy we just kept the mobile home style hubs. We did have one axle we just replaced the brakes with a new brake flange and a bolt on brake assembly.

Duane

Thanks guys. My brother picked up a cheap trailer a while back and we’re trying to decide if it’s worth changing them out, or just find new mobile home tires.

I don't know if you have one near you but Agri Supply carries them both on and off the rim. We've always had better luck with the 8-14.5 over the 7-14.5.

Duane

Back