Military Vehicles Thread

Took a deposit on this one thanks to @amcjeepman , I need to get my butt in gear to get it gone. I finally was able to drive it for the first time ever on Friday. Still have to install the transmission controller finish up some other things. I will be glad to get it out of my garage. 6.5 turbo/4l80e. It originally had a 6.2/th400.

IMG_20200417_175202912.jpg

So how are the 7 tons? Doesn't the rear drive set steer also? Or are they locked out?

What kind of money do they bring? I kinda really want some sort of large military truck that I can use the hell out of.

Nice, but I would suggest a Stewart Stevenson. Much easier and cheaper to get parts for. Unless you need to tow 20k+ lbs often, you don't need a mtvr. The MTVR's are hard to get and therefore expensive, unless you buy one from California, but then there is the $3-5k bill to get it hauled here.

So how are the 7 tons? Doesn't the rear drive set steer also? Or are they locked out?

What kind of money do they bring? I kinda really want some sort of large military truck that I can use the hell out of.

Took a deposit on this one thanks to @amcjeepman , I need to get my butt in gear to get it gone. I finally was able to drive it for the first time ever on Friday. Still have to install the transmission controller finish up some other things. I will be glad to get it out of my garage. 6.5 turbo/4l80e. It originally had a 6.2/th400.

View attachment 316337
What's the deal with the schnoz?

What's the deal with the schnoz?

That is a ECV nose/hood. They came on all the turbocharged HMMWV's so they could fit a larger radiator. I didn't change the radiator as it is not necessary (turbo H1's did not have a larger radiator). I like the look of the ECV hoods, but some people don't.

Took the ol fat girl out last night for a little shake down after the repairs. Held at 60 (+?) for a run down the highway. Its amazing what having all cylinders working feels like :rolleyes:

almost.jpg

And this is what caused it to be down for a few weeks. #2 cylinder exhaust valve spring. A chunk of it was found in the oil pan, which lead to the search for what the piece was, where it came from, and what other damage had it done on the way to the pan.

Luckily, absolutely zero sign of any other issues. While it was down I also removed the flame heater, replaced a few sections of the fuel return lines, replaced hoses, had the radiator cooked/cleaned/painted, and started to chase the turn signal/brake light wiring issues.

ex spring.jpg

Looking at an old 5ton dump truck (m817 I believe) for working on our new land. How hard would it be to get tags and insurance for it if I wanted to run to the quarry and back. Quarry is only about 8 miles away.

Looking at an old 5ton dump truck (m817 I believe) for working on our new land. How hard would it be to get tags and insurance for it if I wanted to run to the quarry and back. Quarry is only about 8 miles away.

Assuming it has a title, not hard to get tags at all. If you have 10+ acres put a farm tag on it, exempts you from needing a CDL, and is half the price of a regular weighted tag. I use Farm Bureau for insurance.

Now I just have to get my new dump truck home from Wilkesboro. Not sure I trust driving it that far (until I do some service) since its only been used offroad for the last 5 years.

First attempt to get it home failed. I wanted to bleed the brakes before heading home with it and as soon as the pedal started to feel good the main line running to the rear ruptured. At Alliance in Greensboro now getting it made, hope to drive it home today.

First attempt to get it home failed. I wanted to bleed the brakes before heading home with it and as soon as the pedal started to feel good the main line running to the rear ruptured. At Alliance in Greensboro now getting it made, hope to drive it home today.

If you have any problems in the yadkinville area give me a holler and I might can help. Or really anywhere up to the Forsyth line.

D

Did you make it home?

I’ve picked up two, 2009 BAE M1093A1’s for my FD through a state program. Can anyone point me in the direction of where to find operation or service manuals for this particular model? And If someone mentioned it in the 17 pages of this thread I may have missed it. We’re flying blind with these two trucks on operations manuals and where to look for parts. Any help is appreciated as we're pretty new to this end of the apparatus world.

Thanks

-H

Attachments

• B2EFF2C0-08DB-4E96-82F6-519A5407207A.jpeg
    B2EFF2C0-08DB-4E96-82F6-519A5407207A.jpeg
    260.8 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
I’ve picked up two, 2009 BAE M1093A1’s for my FD through a state program. Can anyone point me in the direction of where to find operation or service manuals for this particular model? And If someone mentioned it in the 17 pages of this thread I may have missed it. We’re flying blind with these two trucks on operations manuals and where to look for parts. Any help is appreciated as we're pretty new to this end of the apparatus world.

Thanks

-H
Let me ask my motor sergeant I may be able to get you a word docx.

Thanks

-H

Nice! Those are some nice trucks aside from the fact they have the airdrop cab, but being a1's they have the 330hp cat and exhaust brake, pretty stout trucks.

Back