metal for a trailer?

DirtyD803

I plan on building a trailer with the help from a friend here at fort stewart. I have some metal but want to know what i have so far will work.

about a hair shy of 14'
ai789.photobucket.com_albums_yy177_DsZR2_Trailer_100_0848.jpg

ai789.photobucket.com_albums_yy177_DsZR2_Trailer_100_0849.jpg

ai789.photobucket.com_albums_yy177_DsZR2_Trailer_100_0850.jpg

and i am planing on cutting this down and use it up front.

ai789.photobucket.com_albums_yy177_DsZR2_Trailer_100_0851.jpg

if you plan on hauling a rig on it, i doubt the angle will hold up as the side rails.
if you had another piece of the square tubing, thos would work really good for the sides, then use the angle as the cross beams, then all youll need is material for the tounge.

im in the process of gathering material for my trailer build. i scored a set of 3,500 lb brakeing axles for cheap. i only paid 150 for the axles. less then 500 miles from what the guy said.

ohh, how much does this 'golf cart' weigh? if its the one in your signiture then. . . .

the angle (if its 5/16 that i see) will be stong enough as the side members. then the cross beams could be some thing else

in my opinion if its just a modded golf car then i'd use the angles as the side members, the square tubing as the front cross beam and the rear cross beam. then something smaller to fill in the rest of the cross beams

Back