Memorial gathering at URE

woodgo

The Carolina Full Size Jeep Club is gathering at noon Sat. Dec. 11, 2010, in Uhwarrie National Forest to affix a plaque in memory of Marine Sgt. Joshua D. Desforges at the bridge that has just been constructed over Dutch John creek at the beginning of the Dickie Bell trail.

This ceremony is being done with the support and co-operation with the fine people who tend Uhwarrie National Forest, specifically Deborah Walker and Terry Savery.

We are extending an invitation to all fsj'ers and all other off-roaders who would like to join in honoring this fallen, heroic Marine who gave his all May 12, 2010, in Afghanistan.

I wish I could attend this. I have already committed 11 months ago to be in Tennessee that weekend. And I will be as good as my word. Sorry for the loss of your friend, but he will not be forgotten with friends like you and others.

Couple of the TRAIL JAMMERS will be there. Me being a US Army vertern and Iraqi war vet and a freind who is a fellow marine and iraqi war vet. Will be there to pay our respects to a fallen brother in arms.

A HUGE thank you to the folks from the various clubs that attended today. Josh's Gold Star family was deeply touched by the show of respect for their son. They happened to be here from Mass. this week and it worked out perfectly!

There are not enough words to express our gratitude.

Thank you doesn't even come close. The 4 wheel drive community never ceases to amaze me.

THANK YOU!!!

Wish I could have come out and payed my respects

Semper Fi brother my you rest in peace
LCpl Dent Z.D
HMHT-302

There was a GREAT turn out for the ceremony! Thanks to all who showed to pay their respects! It was heart wrenching though, to participate in this family's grief. My thoughts and prayers are with them this evening!

I want to thank everyone that came out today, the turnout was more than I ever expected.

ai861.photobucket.com_albums_ab174_rubicon07_Dickey_20Bell_20Bridge_DSC05795.jpg

Thanks again,
Jim

This memorial plaque is mounted on top of the stones, right in the middle of the pic above where the wooden railing meets the metal railing of the bridge.

Back