[9 September, 2017] UORTC 4WD-101 Training (Uwharrie, NC)

From the first post it says 250.00 per person, and you provide your own 4x4.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Hey Scott,

Coming over here per your other post. When is the latest I can send payment? I'm swamped right now with Christmas etc, hoping I can send it at the beginning of January. Also a couple of questions for you as well. Here is my 4x4, currently:

alh3.googleusercontent.com__V_LN5Qt_PzI_UdIQoZ0egsI_AAAAAAAAFX2cca9fa6e73f22cec0ea38e2ae769467.jpg

Here are my questions:

1st. Currently its stock. 4.3L V6, 5-Speed manual, 4x4. I know the both 4wd and 4wd lo work. Should I get any specific tires for the truck? I need to replace mine, they are just dry roited, was thinking about putting 235/75r15 Goodyear Wranglers on the truck for now because they are on sale locally and look like a decent tire. Would you recommend something else?
2nd. I was skimming through the other posts, do I need to go out and install a CB in my truck for this course?
3rd. I currently don't have a winch or any recovery straps, do I need to get something? I do have recovery hooks on the front and back, but I want to confirm those will be ok, I will post a picture this evening of them.
4th. Do you recommend wearing a certain style of shoe? I know this seems like an odd question, but when I drive my Fiero or Camaro I like wearing something with a very thin sole, like a pair of converse, etc so I can really feel the pedals. It being cold and January so I'm wanting to wear something that will keep my feet warm but be good for going in the dirt, will wearing standard work boots be ok?

Thanks
Grant

Grant,
The beginning of January is fine for your payment, just contact me again before than to make sure the class is not full.

1. Your S-10 is fine the way it sits for our 4WD-101 class. If you feel the tires are too dry rotted to safely drive the vehicle I would go ahead and replace them otherwise wait for the class if you can. What you will learn will help you with your decision making process! For possible future tires, lift, etc.

2. No, I provide quality handheld transmitters (HTs) for the classes.

3. You will not need recovery equipment. Again, you will learn the proper needed equipment and how to safely use it. After the class you will have a much better idea on what you should spend your money on. Your factory recovery points will be fine, they are a requirement for the class.

4. We recommend but not mandatory, boots with high traction soles that are above the ankle for support.

Thank you!

I completed the January 101 class and was impressed with the quality of training and the amount of information that was covered (we did put in an 11 hour day). Just want to give Kudos to Scott and his team of professionals....I highly recommend this course; if you're trying to decide to take the course or not, just go for it. You will not be disappointed!

I took the Jan 25th and it was an awesome class. Great instructors, great material and hands on experience. Scott, Mike and Ron have a great thing going with this class. My only regret is that I didn't take the class sooner. If your on the fence about taking it, do it. You won't regret and I guarantee you will learn something that you didn't know.

Scott. Going to be up there this weekend so I can bring you some funds for the better half to go to this one ?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Scott. Going to be up there this weekend so I can bring you some funds for the better half to go to this one ?

Great!,
I will be there this Saturday. I have a full ATV class starting at 9:30 am. Come see me before that if you can.

Yep. Robin has not stopped talking about it. She said it was very well put on. Now she is bugging me to build her a front bumper for a winch so she can prep for the 202 course. Think I will just let her take my 40 instead. With no power steering .......

Back