LSx No Start Issue

ckruzer

Infidel
Reposting from build thread. Maybe someone will have some input before i set fire to the build.

No start again... :(

Changed the 12v switched wire for the pooter to the chassis harness wire for the old coil + wire. This is a 12v wire in the On and Start position. So that issue is resolved. Made the 'grounds' more grounded as mentioned below. Cant get better than that. And hardwired the fuel pump power and the fuel sender wires in. And as mentioned below got the pump/sender ground direct to batt negative. So should not have any ground issues here

Not sure that I am getting fuel pressure. I know the fuel sender is working. Not sure the ecu fuel pump power wire is powering the pump. Dont hear it turn on and not sure if should hear it or not. I can only get the fuel gauge to move when i have the ground to the pump/sender assembly ground directly to the battery. Grounding to the frame does not work. Odd? I also had someone crank for me while i used a scribe to push the pin on the fuel rail crossover line to see if there is a air lock issue. No fuel squirted out if it was supposed to.

This engine is a return type engine. And i have the return on the rail capped and i am using a wix filter for return closer to the tank. The filter is hooked up right with 5/16 line going to return and 3/8 going to feed.

I dont have the MAF or the O2 sensors plugged up. But it should still start and just throw codes?

The engine harness, battery negative, body, and chassis harness grounds are all connected together and ground to the block. Should NOT be having a ground issue. So safe to eliminate this? Dunno. :facepalm:

Where did you get your PCM and what PCM is it? If you have a JY or used PCM and all your signals/wiring is good you may have a VATS issue.

Sounds like you need to do some troubleshooting with a multimeter. The fuel pump electrical stuff is easy to check and then you'll know what you have.

Got detnenation and then batt died.

HAHAHAHAH

And looks like i had sender and pump wires backwards.

Chassis harness is orange for sender normally on jeeps. So i hooked the sender wire to the orange and then the red/brown wire i hooked to the pump power... well went back through my pictures and verified just as a precaution and badabing badaboom i fubar'd. lmao.

So dropping the batt off at autovance and then going for start this evening lol.

Need to figure out these radiator hoses...

I tried to warn you about the battery. :lol:

If the ECM was from that motor and was set up for a return style, you'll need to change the injector scale tables to run it with a non-return style if I'm not mistaken.

STARTED!!!!

woot!

I tried to warn you about the battery. :lol:

haha. yeah i know. but that at least got the oil primed.

Sounds like you need to do some troubleshooting with a multimeter. The fuel pump electrical stuff is easy to check and then you'll know what you have.

did that! and figured out my fubar haha

If the ECM was from that motor and was set up for a return style, you'll need to change the injector scale tables to run it with a non-return style if I'm not mistaken.

i did not know that! hopefully the "expert" that flash the computer did this, as I did provide that specific information!!. Ill know i imagine when i get the radiator hooked up and can leave it running?

Where did you get your PCM and what PCM is it? If you have a JY or used PCM and all your signals/wiring is good you may have a VATS issue.

got it done through a guy on facebook through the LSx group. he has a harness/LS Engine/ Tuning business in Nebraska. Extremely lacking in CS. But if anything was not done correctly I imagine i will find out when i get a legit local tune done. Vats was for sure deleted.

STARTED!!!!

i did not know that! hopefully the "expert" that flash the computer did this, as I did provide that specific information!!. Ill know i imagine when i get the radiator hooked up and can leave it running?

got it done through a guy on facebook through the LSx group. he has a harness/LS Engine/ Tuning business in Nebraska. Extremely lacking in CS. But if anything was not done correctly I imagine i will find out when i get a legit local tune done. Vats was for sure deleted.

Sweet! You will need to make sure the injector reference tables are corrected, but it should be plenty close enough to run ok until you have your local tuner finish the tune. The differences are only to account for vacuum reference.

Sweet! You will need to make sure the injector reference tables are corrected, but it should be plenty close enough to run ok until you have your local tuner finish the tune. The differences are only to account for vacuum reference.

pooter guy said he adjusted for them. just asked!

so stoked!!!

ill post the video here too in case its not seen in the dozen other threads i posted them in. lmao

Back