Lots of interesting news today

Seems off. I'm sure the source is pushing an agenda to some extent. $5000 at 15mpg is 75000 miles. They don't go in to what the other costs are though.
Well the "source" in this case is the bureau of labor stats and the census, so I'm not sure what reason they have for an agenda.
I'm wondering if it's based on the standard $0.55 per mile figure used by the .gov for POV expense - which includes depreciation, gas, blah blah - and they just work backwards based on average commute length?
In that case commuting 8,000 a year would net a cost of $4400, which is pretty high.

I spend ~$3k in gas alone. 100 mile daily commute. Far end of Wilkes end of Yadkin county to the Guilford end of Forsyth county. Add maintenance or $4 gas, I could easily get up to 6k.

Well the "source" in this case is the bureau of labor stats and the census, so I'm not sure what reason they have for an agenda.
I'm wondering if it's based on the standard $0.55 per mile figure used by the .gov for POV expense - which includes depreciation, gas, blah blah - and they just work backwards based on average commute length?
In that case commuting 8,000 a year would net a cost of $4400, which is pretty high.
Well, by source I meant dailymail.co.UK which is probably trying to make America look bad.

But also "The stats were compiled using government data and firm HowMuch.net added together the cost of gas, maintenance, public transportation, and other expenses." So who knows how they got from data A to answer B.

I spend ~$3k in gas alone. 100 mile daily commute. Far end of Wilkes end of Yadkin county to the Guilford end of Forsyth county. Add maintenance or $4 gas, I could easily get up to 6k.
Sure, as do many people. But for that to be the AVERAGE for the whole state doesn't make sense.

Sure, as do many people. But for that to be the AVERAGE for the whole state doesn't make sense.
I agree. Does seem high for an average.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Commute, brings something I forgot, to mind. Ask SC folk [RON], if they saved the fuel receipts, for 2018, & collecting this years receipts. Since SC upped their fuel tax, they Also give a year end rebate, If you have the receipts. Some Business folk do that anyway. Be interesting what some folk spend on fuel!

Commute, brings something I forgot, to mind. Ask SC folk [RON], if they saved the fuel receipts, for 2018, & collecting this years receipts. Since SC upped their fuel tax, they Also give a year end rebate, If you have the receipts. Some Business folk do that anyway. Be interesting what some folk spend on fuel!
Ive been keeping mine but I dont drive much.

The rebate was based on # of gallons purchased, not $ spent. I'll see if I can find the gallons but between our 3 vehicles I got like $40 back. Majority was my truck. I commute 75 miles per day in a 2015 Sierra.

We saved receipts for all gas and maintenance in my truck, jeep, and wife's yukon xl. Combined 2,050 gallons of fuel saved us a whopping $39... I had not been able to find details on what it would actually save earlier last year, and hadn't really thought about it since. The calculation is gallons x $0.03 x 0.634. And, its the lesser of that value or maintenance cost.

On the humorous side, I only put 9 tanks of gas in the jeep last year. 2 of which were in Harlan county and the receipt doesnt show gallons or price per gallon, only total charge. So I could declare 7 tanks, 75 gallons...

Somebody with dirt on the Clintons committed suicide?? What are the odds?
Well, to be fair, dude was looking at a lot of prison time for child sex abuse.
Its no secret that kind of prisoner tends to have a, er, rough tine from other inmates. His chance of survival in jail was slim.... should be no shock hed off himself rather than face the future....

Well, to be fair, dude was looking at a lot of prison time for child sex abuse.
Its no secret that kind of prisoner tends to have a, er, rough tine from other inmates. His chance of survival in jail was slim.... should be no shock hed off himself rather than face the future....
He was on suicide watch because he tried to be suicide-ed a couple weeks ago:rolleyes:

179B7405-4DCD-4F3F-84CE-2A9BD8134860.jpeg

DIRT BIKE CRASH: Dirt biker killed in crash, another charged after woman says group of riders attacked her

A bit ironic I must say.

And of course he was a good boy and it's the cops fault:
"Channel 9's Tina Terry spoke exclusively with Adam's father, Manning Sweat, who said he wants to view the body camera video from the crash to discover what really happened.

"Was it worth them chasing him? And to see the footage, that's the key to me. The footage is gonna tell it all," he said.

Sweat said he is focusing on remembering his son's life and planned to hold a candlelight vigil Monday night.

"I didn't agree with all the rules and regulations -- how they ride -- but it was something he loved doing," Sweat said."

Last edited:
My Financial Advisory, keeps me updated, which lately, has been Frequently! FYI.
Sorry if you need a magnifying glass; did the best I could.

Attachments

• IMG_20190814_210006502.jpg
    IMG_20190814_210006502.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 190
Back