Lots of interesting news today

We counted over 100 'regular' jellies (mostly clear with some reddish purple on the bigger ones) in about a mile while on a walk Sunday morning.

But when the President mentions this hes mocked.....
The press don't understand the harm they are doing to this country by mocking the President vs. providing both sides of a narrative.

If you can't trust what or why people are saying things, you get a complete breakdown in communication that leads to what we see playing out on our streets today.

Turns out, you can spray a disinfectant into your body to kill corona.

Weird that we haven't heard about this before....

In Vitro Efficacy of Povidone-Iodine Nasal And Oral Antiseptic Preparations Against Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome-Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2)
I hate to burst your bubble, but In Vitro literally means "not testing in a living body".

Doesn't solve the problem of it possibly being bad for the rest of your body.
This study is the equivalent of putting some virus on a dish, putting Lysol into a nasal spray tube, spraying it on the dish, and the virus dies.
Not saying it wouldn't work, but the authors don't even talk about live tests.

Also - unreviewed preprint. No note of where or if submitted for review anywhere. If so, we'll know in 3-6 months if its right....

I hate to burst your bubble, but In Vitro literally means "not testing in a living body".

Doesn't solve the problem of it possibly being bad for the rest of your body.
This study is the equivalent of putting some virus on a dish, putting Lysol into a nasal spray tube, spraying it on the dish, and the virus dies.
Not saying it wouldn't work, but the authors don't even talk about live tests.

Also - unreviewed preprint. No note of where or if submitted for review anywhere. If so, we'll know in 3-6 months if its right....

You didn't read the blurb. It's a betadine inhaler.

You didn't read the blurb. It's a betadine inhaler.
I read the whole article. And some of the the referenced articles.
There's nothing about the effect of use en vivo. So, yes, you can theoretically spray it into a body. You can spray it wherever you want to. But there's no testing here about what that does. They didn't even reference anybody doing that.

In fact, looking back through it, this report has a major methodological flaw. They titrated the % concentration down from 2.5% to 0.5%, and got the same results every time (identical to 70% ethanol). Never showed a concentration point at which it does not work. Which is a huge red flag that something in the carrier could be killing it. E.g. missing a 0% condition.
I'd be shocked if this study makes it past any kind of peer review. I would fail it immediately.

For the record, I actually do think a nasal spray is probably very feasible. The problem is finding a concentration that both does the trick AND isn't harmful in the long run. Thats where extended human testing comes in.

For the record, I actually do think a nasal spray is probably very feasible. The problem is finding a concentration that both does the trick AND isn't harmful in the long run. Thats where extended human testing comes in.
I think the point that many of us are trying to make is that the way you are discussing this theoretical treatment is spot on. You've shown where it is a scientific study, but it's not far enough along yet to get your hopes up and bank on it as the 'fix' for our current crisis. But there are significant elements within our media that default to "our President is an idiot" instead of providing real analysis and reporting on the facts at hand.

Anyone who has provided reports to their higher HQ or executive has probably had to circle back around and tell the boss he is being overly optimistic on what you said or that he got the message slightly off center. Hell, I just did that two hours ago. But that is a big difference from saying a senior leader is making shit up and talking crazy.

That's a thing. Local and state LE can't get it done, the federal government sends in the big boys.
If they ask for help, sure. Thats how it should work.
If they just get sent w/o the input of the local people... thats an invasion.

If they ask for help, sure. Thats how it should work.
If they just get sent w/o the input of the local people... thats an invasion.

The insurrection act is a thing that's been invoked as recently as the 60s and for similar events.

Should it or would it? <shrug> But it's only slightly ridiculous that a lot of people have spent the better part of the past two months saying the feds should have been doing "more" to enforce stay-at-home, etc., and now that would be an invasion.

The insurrection act is a thing that's been invoked as recently as the 60s and for similar events.

Should it or would it? <shrug> But it's only slightly ridiculous that a lot of people have spent the better part of the past two months saying the feds should have been doing "more" to enforce stay-at-home, etc., and now that would be an invasion.
Last time was in '92. But, always at the request of the locals, yes. Not the President just sending people in b/c he thinks its necessary despite what the local gov wants.
I would think Libertarians and conservatives would be pretty irked at such a flexing of Federal muscle against State independence.

I didn't say I thought it should happen but the power exists so the federal government can protect the life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness of the citizenry in the event the local or state cannot.

I'm not happy about most all government overreach but their one job is to protect the citizenry. I don't know about your local folks but the ones here failed at that one job over the weekend.

I don't see the problem with sending in the military to support the police when the police are out numbered.

But, always at the request of the locals, yes. Not the President just sending people in b/c he thinks its necessary despite what the local gov wants.

Read what Cyd said. Eisenhower and Kennedy used the insurrection act in order to enforce civil rights *in opposition to local government*.

Back