Lots of interesting news today

My Financial Advisory, keeps me updated, which lately, has been Frequently! FYI.
Sorry if you need a magnifying glass; did the best I could.

How does your guy do for you? My guy is a slouch imho and just sticks my money in a Fidelity account and let's their algorithms make the decisions. I'm less than pleased with his performance with my money.

How does your guy do for you? My guy is a slouch imho and just sticks my money in a Fidelity account and let's their algorithms make the decisions. I'm less than pleased with his performance with my money.
Rodney's guy goes to my church and seems like a decent guy. At some point I need to move some money over to him. But that requires me to have it, which means I have to quit buying tools and tractors :(

. At some point I need to move some money over to him. But that requires me to have it, which means I have to quit buying tools and tractors :(

Just start wheeling again. I mean this last trip to Harlan only cost a few thousand dollars if you factor fuel, breakages, lodging, alcohol & meth

A plane crashed about a mile from the house this morning - multiple responders with lights and sirens had us wondering if there was another shooting on our road - there have been several in recent years.

One man to be transported after plane crash in Deep Gap

The guy passed away at Baptist last night from the burns. He used to own the dragstrip in Wilkes and traded it for the house/property on Hardin Rd a few years ago.

The guy passed away at Baptist last night from the burns. He used to own the dragstrip in Wilkes and traded it for the house/property on Hardin Rd a few years ago.

He traded homes and businesses with Pat Prout and Phil Halbedel. He got the Hardin Rd house and Phil's Citgo in exchange for the dragstrip and his home down there.

Pat's former husband, who passed away, was friends with Ralph Haner, and built IMSA chassis, and front end assemblies for Dale Earnhardt, back in the day. He also built a mid-engine 1st gen Camaro that was on the covers of Hot Rod, Car Craft, etc.

I'm fully satisfied with him! When I first transferred to him, he was recommended by the Town Mayor / Insurance Salesman. He handles most of the Big Wigs in my area. He looked at my policies, & found some Shocking cons, I Didn't know about. He also handles my Brother & Sister's accounts. My parents had joined him, when they were living. Not pushy, or high pressure. Just presents the facts & options, & lets you decide. Answers all questions. With the tech & video chats, distance is no longer a problem. Let me know if I can help.

Denver isn't anywhere close to the same level as hyper-liberal Boulder, etc.
I've flown into Stapleton a number of times before it was demolished, and was eerie to see it completely erased when we moved back out there 15 years ago. There used to be some SCCA autocross events out on the one existing runway for a while, but I don't know if they're still doing that because of the pavement deteriorating.

I especially like the reaction from whatever lady was driving the ship, who said she was disappointed, saddened "but not particularly surprised" by the results of the vote. The "but not particularly surprised" part is the cliched smug reaction when something doesn't go your way, but you're still feeling morally superior to everyone else.

Also, kudos to the mention of Georgia adding plaques to their Confederate monuments instead of demolishing them. Georgia seems to understand that historical context is better than historical revisionism.....

It makes you realize that ideologically the president is elected by 538 people.
Yep.
And I've always felt that I'd rather cut off my own testicles than be a politician, but this makes me actually kinda want to be an Elector, just so I can be *that guy* and stick my thumb in the eye of a whole state and piss off a whole lotta people.
"Fawk all y'all, they're both Yahoos. I'm throwing in for the 3rd place guy (e.g. Johnson)."

Yep.
And I've always felt that I'd rather cut off my own testicles than be a politician, but this makes me actually kinda want to be an Elector, just so I can be *that guy* and stick my thumb in the eye of a whole state and piss off a whole lotta people.
"Fawk all y'all, they're both Yahoos. I'm throwing in for the 3rd place guy (e.g. Johnson)."
I was with ya, all the way up until your last word... If youre gonna stick it to them, vote for somebody worth a damn. And when you find somebody worth a damn, let us know lol

11-foot gator stops traffic on North Carolina road

I wasn't aware there were gators in Wilmington...huh. Learn something new every day.

That was right down the street from my station. I know we used to have Charlie over by the Battleship (haven't seen him since the construction started over there), but hadn't seen any others except in Greenfield Lake and near Watermark Marina. Either that was Charlie, or another hurricane displacement.

Back