Looking for someone to install ARB O-Ring

built-tj

I have ARBs in the front and rear of my tj. When i engage the front, instead of locking, i have air blowing out of the breather tube. Im guessing a blew an o-ring. I can get the rebuild kit, im looking for someone to install it. I would be more then glad to help, but ive never worked on an ARB and looking for someone with knowledge. If you could PM me with prices I would appreciate it
Thanks
Mike

The tech section is ususally for asking help while Doing It Yourself (DIY) not where to take your vehicle for repairs...

Im sure that the ARB instructions that come with it, probbaly do a good job of explaining it and might even show some pics..

Have you searched online at all ? google ? ARB site ?

damn FIRST hit on google search using "ARB oring install"

http://www.stu-offroad.com/axle/arb/arb-1.htm
http://www.coloradok5.com/arbinstall.shtml

first of all, ill help you with this mike, just holla when you wanna tackle it

second of all, yager, instead of being an ass, or trying to turn this into pirate, how bout re-read where built-tj says,
I would be more then glad to help, but ive never worked on an ARB and looking for someone with knowledge

he is saying that he wants help, he will help with the fix, but he doesnt want to do this by himself

i cant say i blame him, that is an expensive piece of equipment and i can sait that i would want to start tearing into a $700 locker with no prior knowledge either.

he is not sayin he wants someone else to do all the work, he is tryin to learn to be a DIYer. sure the sites you listed could provide some direction but they do not give the comfort factor of having someone help you with the rebuild.

thanks taylor, you knew exactly what i ment

ridefast said:
he is tryin to learn to be a DIYer.

Well, guess what ? EVERY ONE here has an expensive piece of equipment on thier rig, and the majority will dig in and figure it out. THEN if they get stuck, ask for help.

Have you even pulled the cover off to identify the problem ?

Sure it could be an "o"ring issue, but it could also be an air line issue too that is easily fixed with a turn of a wrench.

I'd be more receptive to many of the help requestes here if there was any indication folks actually TRIED to repair the issue themselves.

Nobody did any work for me on my junk, if I needed help or was stuck I figured it out, and YES it was my DD at the time.

Again this goes back to KNOWING SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR OWN RIG, and knowing how to fix it when it breaks. If you can't fix it in the driveway, how you gonna fix it on the trail ?

Never seen AAA on the trail changing a tire, but I have seen many on the trial that haven't a clue about thier vehicles past filling the tank and turning the key. And the trend is getting worse.

This is what DIY is all about, figuring it out for yourself.

This has nothing to do with being an ass or " PBB wannabe " it has everything to do with basic trouble shooting.

Fer gawd sakes, pull the cover and LOOK !!!!!

Kevin

Well, i believe everyone is taking this wrong. This is my second rig, and i installed lockers on my old , just not the arbs.Yes, i have already went in and looked. Its not the copper line, it is leaking from behind the bearing cap it seems. I plan on doing the o rings myself, i was just wanted to see if i could find anyone who has worked on the ARB, because they are obviously going to be a whole lot more experienced.
Yes, i would pay someone who has done it before to do it, as i would watch and learn. Being a college kid the ARBs cost me a lot of $ and i dont want to screw anything up.
I'll get it done

The original post implies that you are looking for someone to do the work for you, while you observe.

You have made 4 posts to this forum, all in this thread.

How are we to know your level of competance or effort?

http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77

"Be as descriptive as possible.....don't just assume everyone knows what you are working on."

Kevin

well, i did the o rings tonight and it worked out fine. My problem now, is that there are 3 pieces where it connects to the diff housing. The hose, the piece that threads into the diff, and the piece that connects the host to the copper line inside the diff. Well, the copper line just slides easily into that little piece, so when i turn the locker on, all the air leaks out where the copper is attached to the fitting. Is there sposed to be a rubber seal holding it in? I looked through the manuel it came with , and it showed nothing, but there must be something to make it tight into the fitting
Mike

http://www.coloradok5.com/arbinstall.shtml shows pics and mentions ferules, the fitting is basically just a bulkhead. You still need to seal the lines on both sides, both copper and plastic TO that fitting... The ferules do that..

Glad your getting it worked out..

Im having a problem finding the 1 ferrul i need. Its between 1/8 and 3/16. Im not sure where to get it, any ideas?
Mike

be sure that for the plastic line you get the insert that goes inside the plastic line as well, or the ferrel will not crush and seal properly.

If you can't find it a Lowes or HD, try Brakes Inc in Raleigh, bring old parts with, they may be able to match up.

BTW, If you get a chance, stop by 508 E. Chatham street someday soon, I'd like to meet ya.

Kevin

i went everwhere today. Its a metric furrel that i need, not standard. The airline is fine(furrel & anti crush sleve) I was able to get some new pieces and rig it together differently. Atleast it will get me around wv this weekend, still leaks some, so the compressor kicks on every 30 sec or so.
I will order a seal kit when i get back, and hopefully it will come with all the pieces i need.
Thanks

Back