Looking for Advice on Rock Slide Eng Steps

DanCvmi93

Happy friday!
As I build out the Jeep to get more aggressive off road I have an issue with getting in and out. Since Cori (my wife) has very limited mobility I have to pick her up to put her in the Jeep. If I had a step halfway to the ground she could potentially (on her average or good days) boost herself into the cab. I would hate to loose the ground clearance having a fixed step that low and want to make sure I have something that provides protection on the trail. The only option I have found that I think does both without losing clearance is the RSE step sliders. (Link below)
They are way more than I want to invest but if this is the only option, I may have to...
Has anyone had experience with these or the company itself? Any other products or ideas on how to solve my dilemma that may be cheaper , other than carrying a step around, (although that may be the best solution)?
JK 4D STEP SLIDERS

Years ago folks used to build chain steps. Weld the middle section of chain together to create a solid link and it'll move out of the waxy on the trail. I doubt it would be solid enough for her, as they still move around.

My only concern with the RSE steps would be function after dragging the rocker down a rock. But I have no actual experience with them.

I can't imagine anything that is retractable would hold up to sliding on rocks. Your best bet maybe a small collapsible aluminum stool. One that would be easy to store. Plus it could double for a chair or low table for lunch on the trails.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Couldn’t you add tabs to a slider and add something like a fold down step with control arm bushings and when she gets in just pull it up make it up in the tube so when it’s dropped downcast the tube/metal is solid wth weight on it! I can’t draw a sketch of what’s in thinking if needed!

Back