Looking for a Good Mechanic In Charlotte

what are you looking to have done? rebuild, install, ideas? I can give you a few names.

I've been having a problem with stalling. This engine was really hacked up by the PO (there is a pencil sticking out of the EGR Valve, for example). I'm an amatuer mechanic at best and I'm going to attempt to rebuild the carb with a kit from 4wd Hardware. I'm looking for a trustworthy mechanic in the area just in case I hose it up badly.

I'm looking for engine/tranny type work, just to clarify. I forgot to specify that. Does Tarheel do that?

for transmission work, you can't beat this guy:

Transformance Automotive Inc
3219 Leota Drive
704-332-3773

Owner is Tony Randall

Greg

I've been having a problem with stalling. This engine was really hacked up by the PO (there is a pencil sticking out of the EGR Valve, for example). I'm an amatuer mechanic at best and I'm going to attempt to rebuild the carb with a kit from 4wd Hardware. I'm looking for a trustworthy mechanic in the area just in case I hose it up badly.
If you can get it to Huntersville, I will help ya sort out the engine stuff. what carb do you have? factory 2100? if so then the rebuild is easy. You can pull that off no problem, just lay everything out in the order you take it out, lables and pictures will help. There are not many parts in those carbs. let me know if you want some help.

Back