looking for a few misc parts in Charlotte area...help?

bigwaylon

got a couple new parts for the CTD...and need to build a new intake...

all I need is a ~15" piece of 4" O.D. aluminum tubing, and two 4" I.D. 45-degree rubber elbows (plus hose clamps)...

the hose clamps will be simple...and I've found the tubing and elbows here:

www.airflow.com

but, I'd rather pick them up local...I don't think a Lowe's or Home Depot will be the answer (I've looked for the elbows there before)...

anybody have any ideas? I know there are a ton of supply/hardware stores on back streets, like a Grainger or Graybar, etc...but just not sure where to start...

Thanks.
Greg

a tractor trailer repair shop that does exhaust should be able to get the 4" stuff for you.....I might be able to bring some to you when i come to charlotte next week.

Let mw know.

4"

I may have a length of 4" exhaust tubing, if that would work for you.

Ive got some, but its 1/4" wall. Probably more than you're looking for. Regardless, I got it from Foils for about $8 for a 3ft length I believe. They sell aluminum for $1.25/lb. To get there, just go out Hwy 49 east past UNCC and through Harrisburg, and its probably a mile and a half on the right.

BRUISER said:
Greg, did you ever do the 3200 spring and turn the screws???
if so did ya notice a difference?

no...still sitting here...

also have a new compressor housing and 60mm wheel...

just got a new exhaust housing, and waiting for my Banks Big Head wastegate to come in...

I want to do it all in one shot, but I need the new intake tubing because my current compressor housing has a 3" inlet, and the new one is 4"...

will also do pyro, tach and boost at the same time...

Greg

yager said:
4" white drain pipe at lowes / HD rubber elbows in the plumbing dept..

white drain pipe...as in PVC?

always stayed away from it on gas motors...ran black ABS plastic pipe instead...

was always told something about the gasses the could be released at higher engine temps...

maybe it's internet rumor, though...

I didn't see any 45-degree elbows last time I looked...but it won't hurt to check again...

Greg

decided to go ahead and make a temp one out of PVC so I can get everything installed...

just can't bring myself to buying the whole 10' (or whatever it was) piece of 4" PVC, since I only need about 6"-8"...

anybody around Charlotte happen to work in plumbing/contracting/something else that has a scrap laying around? doesn't need to be any longer than a foot, and I'll cut it to the exact length...

Thanks.
Greg

I've got some you can have. I'm in Mint Hill.
PM or email me and I'll send you address and directions.
RQ

Back