Locking up brakes

As much as I hate to do this, I.....agree *cringe* with an engineer.
:shaking:

If you're referring to me, I'm an ex-technician, and also do a lot of non-engineering as part of my job. Just wanted to make you feel better about your self-loathing from agreeing with me.. :D

I did recently have to show one of our young guys how to release/remove a 1/4" hex bit from the quick release chuck of a Dewalt cordless impact driver (slide the collar, the pull the bit out). I was so amused by this that I told someone else about it, and they told me they had shown one of the other young guys how to do the same thing. Then I sat in a corner and cried a little bit. Both of those young guys are smarter than me, but can't figure out a consumer product made by Dewalt.

Last edited:
Damn smart individual!!

I'm gonna go buy some ice cream now. :p

All I can add here is the fact I have used the E350 master on 4 different rigs (YJ, MJ, YJ and Ranger), each one with 3/4 calipers front and rear. The results each time are stock/OEM pedal feel even with large tires.

Here's to a $22 gamble with likely great results. :beer:

All I can add here is the fact I have used the E350 master on 4 different rigs (YJ, MJ, YJ and Ranger), each one with 3/4 calipers front and rear. The results each time are stock/OEM pedal feel even with large tires.

Here's to a $22 gamble with likely great results. :beer:

Well. 36.29$ haha

NiCopp doesn't rust either.. it's super flexible. You can literally pull it straight of the roll, feed it along the frame and hand bend it to perfection. That flare tool I posted produces a perfect flare in about thirty seconds after you use it a couple times.

Let me know when you get the brakes to perfecrion before I go road trip with ya, unless you want to lead the way all the time. o_O
I do drive kinda slow for a white guy. #no tan expert

...FYI, nylon brake lines don't have a very long service life (not an issue in racing) ...

Ask @Paul how long he had plain old Nylon brake lines on his old rig.

Not a fan of these things nor would I run em, or recommend em. Just passin on what I have seen in real world application!

Just sayin...

Well. I dont agree it should go there. Do we not all say "twenty five dollars"... thus we really should write 25.00$, just like "twenty five cents" is written 25¢....

screw the rules

Why isn't it 36$29¢ ?

It could be, but it'd be $36 & 29c. We put the dollar sign before the amount for the same reason we don't use the metric system. This is America!

Other countries do put it after the amount, like Canada...some even put it in the middle between the whole dollar and "cents" for lack of a better term, like 36$29.

Ask @Paul how long he had plain old Nylon brake lines on his old rig.

Not a fan of these things nor would I run em, or recommend em. Just passin on what I have seen in real world application!

Just sayin...

12 years, 50+ rollovers.

Well. I dont agree it should go there. Do we not all say "twenty five dollars"... thus we really should write 25.00$, just like "twenty five cents" is written 25¢....

screw the rules
Ask Verizon how that worked out for them

Why isn't it 36$29¢ ?
No!! Leave the decimal point where it is. :D
That would severely convelute my restaurant cheat code if I had to look at that all the time.
36.29 ~ 3.629x2 =7.26... Dollars. 20%

Back