Local places to buy winch rope?

Tacoma747

Anywhere? I know CRS sells it, but he can't seem to return calls or PM's. Anywhere else, I need some by next weekend, and if any vendors sell it at the Big Daddy thing tomorrow I may get it then.

I found some at a decent price on EBAY, but it is in Washington State and would probably not arrive until after I leave to go to Tellico (if I go)

I told you I would be in MB from friday to sunday and would get back to you asap when I returned.

Unfortunately 2 others purchased the 2 I had before you told me you would def take it so there is nothing I can do about that.

If I can help you out with one on monday let me know. Getting it to you by friday should be no problem. It will not be cheaper than Peak's I would guess.

Andy

Tacoma747 said:
Didn't see any at the show. I ordered some Amsteel Blue from Peak offroad in GA. I needed 125' of 5/16. Guess I can cancel that order if you know of a cheaper or local place to buy it.
Thanks

I was just gonna ask Andy for you when I swung by there on Monday...but he's seen this post, so I'll step out of the middle...;)

Greg

I also ordered winchline from Peak. 2 1/2 weeks ago. So far, it hasn't arrived. Same order too, 125' 5/16".
I plan on contacting them during buisiness hours tommorrow. You may want to look elsewhere if time is important.

so is that Amsteel blue winch rope reliable? i was thinking about getting winch rope because im tired of the steel cable, and that is a great price. would y'all recomend it? (cherokee, 9000lb Warn)

It is safer, easier to handle, and it even Floats!

The only down side i see to using it is cost, you have to buy the line, and a new fairlead.

A few Posts on PBB report trouble with it coming loose from the drum, but I highly suspect user error, or install error.

i like the perks of it, and i was looking at new fairleads anyway. would i be safe with the 5/16" or would i need to do the 3/8" (or even thicker) to be safe?

Chris_M said:
A few Posts on PBB report trouble with it coming loose from the drum, but I highly suspect user error, or install error.

I've had mine come off twice...but I carry spare crimp-on ends to put it back on...

just make sure to leave a couple wraps on the drum (hence the "user error" or "install error")...

Greg

I had mine pull out of the terminal it had been crimped on the first time I used it. I think I had maybe four or five wraps on the drum when that happened. Since then I leave a full layer on the drum and I haven't had any problems. Like Greg, I carry a spare terminal with me to crimp on just in case I do it again.

Chris_M said:
I also ordered winchline from Peak. 2 1/2 weeks ago. So far, it hasn't arrived.

Wel, he did ship it in a timely manner, and UPS is the problem. Their tracking shows delivery on 06/14/06 @ 4:40 pm, to Garage, and there is no garage at the address i had it shipped to!

Can't Blame Peak Offroad for that. I've never heard bad things about his buisiness, and he posts a good bit over on Mallcrawlin.com, so i just wanted to update and let people know it wasn't the vendors fault.

Back