List your tow rig

Have three
1968 kaiser Jeep truck( was my dads)

1979 J-10 Jeep truck

1973 Chevy Bus

The bus has a 350 that's comming out. runs great, low miles, but not enough grunt to pull the CJ and trailor at decent speeds. Bought a BB 454 yesterday. gonna rebuild and see how it does

Welcome to the board. Nice to see a fellow Morgantonian.

See sig. ;)

Attachments

• towcombo1.jpg
    towcombo1.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 704
2002 F350, 4x4, crew cab, single rear wheel with power stroke.

Sam(slim)

'85 Chev C30 Dually Flat/Rack bed
Built & thirsty 454 (Pass anything but a gas station) :driver:
4 Spd (Read my lips NO MORE A/T tow rigs)
Jeep front plate.
RTI = -42
Gooseneck

Pics are clicky

'99 F250 Power Stroke, 4WD, ext cab, short bed

R.K.

Tow Rig

'88 Chevy K30 4wd Crewcab Dually 10' Flatbed w/6.2 Diesel TH400/Np205 D60/D70HD 4.10's Lt235/85r16's

-Kinda old and cranky like me
-Kinda short on power, but it was a deal and it's paid for
-Bought a Banks Turbo kit off E-Bay...still needs to go on there
-Looking around for a nice gooseneck trailer...currently have '18 car trailer

-Looks almost exactly like Bill's in picture above, except crew cab

-It's a work in progress like everything else....the house, jeeps, family, etc

It's all GOOD Though!!!

Later :driver:

BigJUGGY
Vass, NC

shrot trips: 79 Winiebago 26 footer with a dodge 360hd
long trips: 92 Fleetwood Southwing 35 footer with a ford 460.

Duane

03 Ram 3500 4x4 Cummins extended cab, long bed, 2" BDS on 33 Pro Comps. Pulls a 22" Gooseneck and my YJ at about any speed I am comfortable with...

WNC Custom Jeeps said:
03 Ram 3500 4x4 Cummins extended cab, long bed, 2" BDS on 33 Pro Comps. Pulls a 22" Gooseneck and my YJ at about any speed I am comfortable with...
About 15 mph less than most blue hairs from Florida!

James and Chip,

Nice to see some Jeep p/u as tow rigs! Damn James, your tow rig is cooler than my trail rig (74 J10)! No tow rig here just ugly old pick-up trucks that barely run!

Now - '97 F-250 Heavy Duty

Then - '78 F-250

Attachments

• F250 Blue.JPG
    F250 Blue.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 614
2001.5 Dodge 2500 Cummins 4x4 5 speed quad cab long bed. Small intake and exhaust upgrades. missing most of its noise inhibiters. I seriously love my truck. It has been used harder than 99% of the trucks you see on the road, and is still in great shape, inside and out. 200,600 miles and its oil consumption is up to maybe 1/4 to 1/2 a quart between 8 thousand mile changes. Capable of pulling anything i have ever hooked to it at super-legal speeds.

I don't really know why but, it will out run or out pull any stock or lightly modded 89-02 cummins i have ever run up against, and my company has had around 11 of these year trucks, and none of them can handle my truck from a 50mph roll up to whenever you want to let off.

Not trying to brag, but i just get giddy when i talk about my truck.

PS i just realized that today is the four year aniversery when i got it. 1 more year to go.

'93 F250 4x4 Reg.Cab Long Bed
7.3L IDI N/A (no weezer)/ZF 5spd rower (no AT to crap out in BFE here either!)
TTB D50/Sterling 10.25FF 4.10s
B&W gooseneck/Putnam Class V
Custom paint scheme/pre-dented & scratched

18' dovetail bumperpull w/ wood deck & 4k# axles

:driver:

Attachments

• uglytruck.jpg
    uglytruck.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 639
93' F350, CC, dually, banks turbo,4" exhaust, diesel performance pump and injectors, H2O/,methanol injection (this week), towing @ 65mph I get 17mpg. Alternative fuel system on board for that ultra cheap fuel cost. Soon to be a 5 speed.

2002 Ford Excursion Limited, 4x4, 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel, auto tranny, Ramsey brake controller. Trailer is 18' dovetail, dual axle, contruction grade not sure of weight rating but the 8000lb Massey Ferguson sits just fine on it.

We need to rewire the trailer altogether to use the brake controller and I want to add some straps for tieing down BUG instead of my current chain setup.

Attachments

• excursion bug resized.jpg
    excursion bug resized.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 632
Back