LineX tow rig

redneckjeep87

Landscaper Extroidanaire
Okay so my '00 f250 super duty ext cab shortbed work truck/towrig got sideswiped by a semitruck on 77 last friday. Have to replace pass fender, door and ext cab door. Got a quote from a local really good bodyshop to do cab forward on it. I would love to have this nice clean pretty paintjob ive always wanted but i dont want to trash it doing what trucks do.

Im thinking about getting it bedlined, either the whole damn thing, or at minimum the entire bed and rockers. Paintmatched preferably. Ford island blue metallic.

What ungodly price am i looking at here? Is @Will Carter still spraying lineX?

Personally, I'd never put any kind of bedliner on the exterior of any vehicle. It's a pain to deal with, at least to me. It's not that easy to get clean after it's been muddy...still kinda holds some dirt in it. Plus, it just looks sort of, well, trashy. That's just my opinion though!

It's pretty easy for body shops to blend and match these days and their insurance is paying for it, right?

0803161107.jpg
paid around $300 to have my rockers sprayed with line-x. They clean easily and don't hold dirt. Had a uv protection added in with it and it still looks like it did when first sprayed 6 or so years ago.

I just figured all dodges looked like that :flipoff2:

@Croatan_Kid im not the biggest fan of it coverimg an entire vehicle either, but i dont want to trash a 3500 dollar paintjob. The truck has employees in and out of the bed with tools etc, and it gets drove thru brish and all manners of things.

And I agree with @Croatan_Kid on not liking the look but after having my rockers painted once and it not holding up to rock chips for more than 6months the bedliner seemed like the only option. I actually like mine but have seen many that look horrible.

I just figured all dodges looked like that :flipoff2:

You say that, but that's what the brand new 2015 F250 diesel looked like after we hooked a 16ft car trailer to it. Couldn't have been more than a few hundred pounds of pin weight.

Our 08 f250 work truck squats like that with an empty dump trailer hooked to it. They put some soft springs in them things so the king ranch boys can feel all good while riding down the road but you try to work it and it's straight to the bumps.

Rockers are alright, as long as they don't texture it. It's definitely some tough shit.

@redneckjeep87 You can get that whole truck painted for only 3500 bucks? That's a deal. Hell...if it's white or black, just have it sprayed with a single stage paint. That way when it scratches, it's not scratching just clear coat and it's not as noticeable.

Back