Light bulb for sale Never Installed

Pics of said lightbulb? Specs?

You said it was never installed. Has it been properly stored? Do you have a receipt to verify the origin of said lightbulb?

I have a friend's uncle who knows a guy whose ex-room mate is related to a girl who is divorced from a guy that raises hamsters with a girl who has a son whose soccer coach played on an olympic team with a guy who knows someone that knew a electrician who said that I should only buy lightbulbs that originated from the Maine shore.

If you dont have a receipt that says Kennebunkport, I am not going to buy it and I will slander you on as many internet forums as I can find.

Or something like that.:flipoff2:

The dark-side of CFLs: CFLs contain approximately 4mg - 5 mg of mercury per bulb. Mercury can cause many problems when inhaled, and can affect our brains, spinal cords, kidneys and livers.

The bright side of CFLs: They are energy efficient. They save the average household approximately $50 per year when all bulbs are replaced Using CFLs can actually lower our mercury exposure because CFLs use 75% less energy than an incandescent bulb! In an ironic twist, using CFLs limits our exposure to mercury because a power plant emits 10 mg to run an incandescent bulb compared to only 2.4mg of mercury to run a CFL for the same amount of time!

Now let’s take on the report of Brandy Bridges of Prospect Maine: While switching bulbs in her daughter’s bedroom, a CFL fell to the floor and shattered in the shag carpeting. Being a knowledgeable consumer, Bridges knew that CFLs were not to be disposed of in same way as traditional bulbs, so she called the store where she bought the bulb. The man at the store cautioned her not to vacuum the bulb up and to call poison control. She called poison control who then told her to have her home tested for mercury levels, which she did. The only place the mercury levels were reportedly high, was in the room where the bulb had shattered, she was told to call an environmental cleaning crew who gave her a quote of over $2,000 for clean up - which she could not afford. She has now sealed the room in fear. Unfortunately, she was the victim of bad advice.

True: Mercury can be hazards when handled improperly.

False: You need a professional environmental cleaning crew to clean up a broken or replaced CFL.

What you need to know before you bring home the bulbs:
Go to a website such as Earth911.org before bringing the bulbs home to find the closest recycling center for the bulbs. In our area, more than 10 local places came up, although the EPA reports CFL recycling or collection points lag 5 years behind demand for the bulbs. Keep bulbs out of the reach of your children, just as you would any other toxic substance like paint or home cleaners.
Dispose of bulbs in the proper manner - by sealing them in a plastic bag and taking them to a recycler that handles hazardless household wastes. If recycling is not possible, seal bulb in a plastic bag and place in regular trash.
If you break a bulb: DO NOT VACUUM! Doing so disperses particles even more and then traps the mercury in your vac bag - possibly to be dispersed each time you use your vacuum after that! Keep children and pets away from the ventilated area for at least 15 minutes so vapors can evaporate. Clean up by hand using disposable materials including disposable rubber gloves and a stiff piece of cardboard to collect the pieces by sweeping them onto the board with damp paper towels. Put pieces and cardboard into a sealed plastic bag. Perhaps the greatest danger you are exposed to is broken glass!

it's a LAMP!

it's a LAMP!

no, the lamp is not for sale in this thread. i will have to start a new thread for the lamp but i want to sell the bulb first. the lamp does not come with the bulb as it is not installed nor does the bulb come with the lamp.

I dont know if either works as the bulb has never been installed in the lamp.

If you would like to test either the bulb or the lamp i can arrange for that. Please note that testing the lamp requires installing the bulb. Does any one have a way to test the bulb with out installing into the lamp?

If we should need to test the bulb by installing it in the lamp, can some one suggest the best way to install the bulb?

first of all, that guy did not make sure the power was OFF before he changed the light bulb. I noticed that he used his left hand to hold the new bulb and his right hand to unscrew the old bulb. Once the old bulb was out of the socket it remained in his right hand. He transferred the new bulb to his right hand and installed the bulb with his right hand, using his left hand as a guide.

The best way to do that would have been to transfer the old bulb to the left hand at the same time as you transfered the new bulb to the right hand. He should have used a one handed install technique. This eliminates the need for the guide hand and helps you maintain a better center of gravity.

no, the lamp is not for sale in this thread. i will have to start a new thread for the lamp but i want to sell the bulb first.

No, no, no. I am interested in the lamp, not a fixture.

What is the rated voltage? 115v? 120v? 125v? 130v? If it's a 120v lamp, is it safe to use it at my house, where my voltage reads 122v?

If I call 'dibs' will you hold it for me?

lamp

Pronunciation: \ˈlamp\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French lampe, from Latin lampas, from Greek, from lampein to shine; akin to Hittite lap- to burn
Date: 13th century

1 a: any of various devices for producing light or sometimes heat: as (1): a vessel with a wick for burning an inflammable liquid (as oil) to produce light (2): a glass bulb or tube that emits light produced by electricity (as an incandescent lightbulb or fluorescent lamp) b: a decorative appliance housing a lamp that is usually covered by a shade

...and this lamp had better be "bran new" as advertised, or we'll have you in Charlie W's boat!

According to the urban dictonary....

1. light bulb 34 up, 6 down
that thing that goes over your head when you have an idea
*light bulb goes over your head* I HAVE AN IDEA
by idontplaywithpencils May 18, 2005 email it 0 comments

2. light bulb 10 up, 19 down
a turd that is skinny, but then gets really thick.
He launched a light buld into my neighbors mailbox.
by greenlm Feb 14, 2003 email it 0 comments

3. light bulb 3 up, 19 down
a pregnant woman (refers to the shape of a pregnant woman)
Some light bulb was hogging the seat to herself.

4. light bulb 3 up, 22 down
a crazy guitar/bass solo
yo man that guy on the guitar did a fucking crazy
light bulb!
by Les Claypool May 31, 2005 email it 0 comments

5. light bulb 7 up, 26 down
a florecent clit
the radioactive chick had a light bulb
by verb and pronuncijunction and shorts Jul 8, 2003 email it 0 comments

6. light bulb 2 up, 25 down
hello \ good bye
lightbulb frank.

this should be in for sale not chit chat
BTW MUST POST A PRICE, OR AD WILL BE DELETED:flipoff2:

How Many Forum Members does it take to Change a Light Bulb???????

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it’s “lightbulb” or “light bulb” … another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is “lamp”

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that “light bulb” is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL’s where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL’s were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL’s

3 to post about links they found from the URL’s that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add “Me too”

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say “didn’t we go through this already a short time ago?”

13 to say “do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs”

1 moderator to monitor the discussion and warn everyone to "lighten up" when the post degenerates into name calling.

2 to complain that all light bulbs are now made in China and they are all junk.

1 to recommend we all stop buying light bulbs on one specific day to show the manufacturers we aren't slaves to their product

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

I was assuming this was a thread calling out someone for being stupid. Then I watched things go downhill quickly.

this should be in for sale not chit chat
BTW MUST POST A PRICE, OR AD WILL BE DELETED:flipoff2:

I dont know what to ask...let's say $100.00 and it's VERY negotionable. We'll see where it goes from there.

hahaha
oh and also, i am interested in your lamp. if i can sell my lamp then i will buy your lamp. what is the lowest you will take for your lamp?

hey....no lamp bumping. dont announce your lamp for sale in my bulb for sale section.

Don't know how much to sell the lamp for, let me know what yours goes for an we'll talk.

Does your lamp have a bulb?

I dont know what to ask...let's say $100.00 and it's VERY negotionable. We'll see where it goes from there.
hey....no lamp bumping. dont announce your lamp for sale in my bulb for sale section.
Don't know how much to sell the lamp for, let me know what yours goes for an we'll talk.
Does your lamp have a bulb?

sorry about that, i put my lamp on craigslist. i dont think i can sell my lamp for 100 bucks. it has been turned on and off a LOT. and it doesnt come with a bulb. maybe would you take a partial trade?

Back