Lifelock, Identity Guard, etc

kaiser715

Doing hard time
What with the recent Experian data breach -- now that just about every adult American has all their info on the black market -- I have been thinking about one of the monitoring plans.

Anybody have thoughts/experience with any of them?

Lifelock seems nice, but no couple/family plan, it gets expensive.

Looked over Identity Guards website, but they are short on information on what they actually provide.

Any advice??

Lifelock seems nice, but no couple/family plan, it gets expensive.

Looked over Identity Guards website, but they are short on information on what they actually provide.

Any advice??

None of them really do much for you. Best option is to freeze your credit.

I froze my credit almost two years ago when my company sent our info to a scammer. That's how it's going to stay forever unless I need it. They will unfreeze temporarily for like 3 days at a time.

OK, I just froze Equifax and Experian. Took just a couple of minutes. Transunion is overloaded, have to try later.

How does this freeze work? How quick can one unfreeze it?

I have legal shield. I guess it works? I receive an email every 3 months or so that everything is fine. They are supposed to fix everything that gets hacked\stolen\messed up. They also provide some basic legal stuff, tickets\wills etc.. It covers wife\2 kids and myself.

Last edited:
To freeze credit, go to each of the agencies websites, equifax, trans union, experian. There is an option on the websites to freeze credit. It steps you through it from there. You have to do each one individually, there is no one-stop shop to do all 3.

You can temporarily unfreeze your credit if you need to apply for a new loan.

or....

give the banks and the credit system the middle finger. live within your means. and help others do the same to kick the bankers out of the country... like some Presidents tried to do before being assassinated. Like some hierarchies across the pond tried to do in recent years and were slaughtered for it...

#somethingtothinkabout

or....

give the banks and the credit system the middle finger. live within your means. and help others do the same to kick the bankers out of the country... like some Presidents tried to do before being assassinated. Like some hierarchies across the pond tried to do in recent years and were slaughtered for it...

#somethingtothinkabout

Cool story, bro.

or....

#somethingtothinkabout
That's what I do. I only feed an ammount large enough to take right back out to pay things like car insurance and a bill or two. I don't owe anyone anything and my banker doesn't even remember who I am when I walk in. I made up my mind that it was time to grow out of the showing off all the money I don't have yet with the big nice house and expensive cars and resorted to being a degenerate scumbag with a sadistic ammount of time and extra change in my pocket to do whatever dafuq I want.
I strongly urge anyone to NOT be the POS I am though.

Living within your means is great, we do that as best we can, but it will not prevent you from having you identity stolen, and some scumbag taking out loans and credit cards with your identity, leaving you to clean up the mess.

This

I owe on my house ONLY. I have credit cards for emergencies, and to keep my credit active (I.E. IF I buy with them I pay them off that month)

But even if you live like Ted Kaczynski you still have a social, and your identity can still be stolen

Living within your means is great, we do that as best we can, but it will not prevent you from having you identity stolen, and some scumbag taking out loans and credit cards with your identity, leaving you to clean up the mess.

Wait until the guy uses your ID to get a job and starts screwing up your records at the IRS.

How does this freeze work? How quick can one unfreeze it?

You will get PIN's when you freeze your credit. I honestly can't remember if I unfroze mine online or on the phone. I think it was a combination. But, it was for 3 days iirc. Was very easy. I actually had a tax return sent in my name for 2015 before I sent mine in. I'm not screwing around with it.

or....

#somethingtothinkabout
That's what I do. I only feed an ammount large enough to take right back out to pay things like car insurance and a bill or two. I don't owe anyone anything and my banker doesn't even remember who I am when I walk in. I made up my mind that it was time to grow out of the showing off all the money I don't have yet with the big nice house and expensive cars and resorted to being a degenerate scumbag with a sadistic ammount of time and extra change in my pocket to do whatever dafuq I want.
I strongly urge anyone to NOT be the POS I am though.
And what the hell does any of this have to do with not having your identity stolen?
Regardless of how responsible you are with money, you have a credit file

And what the hell does any of this have to do with not having your identity stolen?
Regardless of how responsible you are with money, you have a credit file
Arguably nothing. I knew I forgot something. I use LegalShield and IDshield. It's affordable and works.
I replied how I did because I don't under any circumstance let a fellow free thinker go out on a limb by themselves, especially not one I'd go out on solo. ;)
I always know who they are.

My Financial Adviser, sent a Warning e mail to all his clients, a week ago, about the breach. Next day he sent e mail on how to freeze, & a click on site for each of the Three. This was 4-5 days, Before the News hit the general Public. But it was about 2 Months before Experian, notified the Feds! Plus Experain Knew someone was trying to breach them for several months, but Hid the Fact! Before this, I had never heard of Freezing your reports. Now all Are!
CORRECTION! It was EQUIFAX, that had the breach! I too easily followed Kaiser's suggestion that it was Experian. Their easy to mix up. Whoops!

Last edited:
1st thing this morning our owner sat us all down and showed all the office staff how to freeze their credit. its free so why not do it, its extra safety.
Transunion has a credit monitoring for 20 bucks a month with daily updates on all three of your scores and fraud stuff. didnt look into it because from what i understand once you lock your credit they cant do anything with your SS until it is unlocked. so unless they set something up that alerts them when you unlock your credit i dont know what they could do with it.

Last edited:
1st thing this morning our owner sat us all down and showed all the office staff how to freeze their credit. its free so why not do it, its extra safety.
Transunion has a credit monitoring for 20 bucks a day with daily updates on all three of your scores and fraud stuff. didnt look into it because from what i understand once you lock your credit they cant do anything with your SS until it is unlocked. so unless they set something up that alerts them when you unlock your credit i dont know what they could do with it.
I'm going to hope this is a typo...

Back