Lets See a Pic of Your tow rig and trailer.

Been eyeballing this same trailer but think I will go tandem dual. They appear to be very well made trailers. The only thing I don't like about gatormade is they powder coat them but so do most the big names it seems.

6800 sounds better. Still hefty, but not 9k! The 25+5 tandem dual deckover I borrowed from a buddy was 6500.

Here is the certified tare weight ticket. If the trailer weighs 7150# and 15% is tongue weight which is 1072.5 # and the rear axle of the truck weighed 4980#, the trailer axles weighed 5720 then the trailer should weigh 6792.5 plus whatever is transferred to the steer axle. I plan to get the tare weight of the truck this week to get an accurate estimate.

Attachments

• 9837049E-80C5-4F08-ADE5-BF3E66412C84.jpeg
    9837049E-80C5-4F08-ADE5-BF3E66412C84.jpeg
    152 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
Been eyeballing this same trailer but think I will go tandem dual. They appear to be very well made trailers. The only thing I don't like about gatormade is they powder coat them but so do most the big names it seems.
The paint on mine seems to be very well done. What I like is they sand blast the steel before powder coat which gets rid of most of the impurities. What I do not like is the spare tire(s) mounting. They lay the tire on two supports in the neck and bolt one end of a chain to the support and hook the other end in one of the lug nut holes. If you have two spares, like mine , they simply stack the second spare on top of the first and it is not chained or otherwise secured. The simple answer is to put a ratchet strap over the second tire.

If you don't mind me asking, what's the price on one of those?

I looked through their website...surely they offer more options than what I saw, right? Or is it more like: "we build two things, pick one"?

They offer many options and configurations for a mass produced product. You have to negotiate and look at trade offs to make sure you are getting value. I priced Kaufman trailers near Lexington, NC and Gatormade built in Somerset KY. I found Gatormade was willing to do more custom features than Kaufman. Both manufacturers were with in 7 to 10 % on pricing depending on options. For example, I could get an Oak Deck on the Kaufman for additional $480 but not on the Gatormade. I could get 3 inch supports on 16" centers no charge with the treated pine deck on the Gatormade but, only 18 inch centers on the Kaufman. I wanted Kaufman to make a folding step but they would not do that. Kaufman tire upgrade standard was to use "over seas" tires likely from Thailand. Their charge to upgrade to Continental tires was $550 total, Gatormade standard was to us Canadian tires and to get Continentals was $500 per tire. The upgrade to 17.5 inch rims and 16 ply tires (canadian) from Gatormade was about the same as Kaufman. Kaufman would not install the light bar on the neck but was standard on the elite series Gatormade. Gatormade also had a customization up charge of $1000.
All this said, I sent you a conversation with the pricing.

I need to weigh our 32ft deckover. I bet it's 1k lighter than that.

I'm just after a 26' equipment trailer with 8k axles/17.5s, no dovetail, spring assist ramps, and a raised neck.

WestLake tires are made in China
Continentals are made in the Czech Republic

At least the 215/75r17.5s, anyway.

1.png
2.png

1997 F250 7.3, INTERCOOLED, CHIPED, AND STRAIGHT PIPED, ADD-A-LEAF 33 KO1

7X18 +2 DOVE TRAILER

1986 1ST GEN 4RUNNER SAS, LOCKED, 5.29S, 4.7 SINGLE CASE, BEADLOCKS, 35 KM2

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    1 MB · Views: 275
^That reminds me of my plan from years back to buy an early to mid 90's Cadillac Fleetwood (the one with the LT1 motor), and use it to haul my Samurai around wheeling.

^That reminds me of my plan from years back to buy an early to mid 90's Cadillac Fleetwood (the one with the LT1 motor), and use it to haul my Samurai around wheeling.
My 06 E320 CDI in stock form has 201hp and 369lbft of torque. It has a tuner and has been fully deleted, it puts down about 270hp and 525lbft of torque. If the chassis would handle it would easily tow a Sami. I used this setup to run the GNCC race at snowshoe with two bikes and all our gear on a roof rack and still got 33mpg running 75-80. I just need to figure out how to put a 5th wheel hitch on it to tow my toy hauler.
KIMG0268.JPG

I doubt you'll ever load that thing up and go "Damn, I wish this was shorter"....

The leaf springs are scared of weight. You can put 500 lbs in the bed and it'll squat the same amount. It'll probably get new rear springs AND air bags. That shit is 16 years old and has 256k on it.

My trailer and excavator (actually trying to sell the trailer), truck is a friends although he actually got it from me. Awesome running truck with Detroit 60 series/Allison, tagged as an RV.

View attachment 265363

Showoff :flipoff2:

Back