Lets See a Pic of Your tow rig and trailer.

ai666.photobucket.com_albums_vv28_crogers6569_IMG_20120516_162142.jpg

My 04 V8 4runner loaded and ready to go to URE.

ai1134.photobucket.com_albums_m619_JK_Byron_e137f78b.jpg

I don't have a trailer yet... Soon!
ai1134.photobucket.com_albums_m619_JK_Byron_da2ec461.jpg

my 01 f 250 on 40's with a buddys four runer on my 22 ft tilt deck kaufman.
photo.jpg

My old tow pig:
ai239.photobucket.com_albums_ff33_sqrlmoney_DSC01928.jpg

My new tow pig:
ai239.photobucket.com_albums_ff33_sqrlmoney_photobucket_13384_1338775616012.jpg

I'm always trying something different :D I'll get some with the trailer tomorrow.

I bought Lurch's F350 a couple weeks ago. It has the 7.3 and a fresh tranny, pulls strong and drives great. Put some Black magic lights up front tonight. ( I like to see at night) Still need to pull those led lights over the tag off the truck. Got a pair of clear headlights and Hella 50/100w bulbs coming for it. Rear bumper had some rust holes in it, so I cut it out. Gonna' build a recessed box with the trailer connectors frenched into it. Also cutting out the holes to mount 2 - 4" 50 watt reverse lamps. This thing is nearly 20 feet long and the factory b/up lamps are about worthless way back there. 12 YO nephew Noah loves to drive it in the woods and through the fields. The International tag makes me feel a lot better about driving a ford!:D

465598_2876694455992_660701623_o.jpg
2image.jpg
1image.jpg

HPIM0058.JPG

This was my tow rig back when it was my wheeling rig (even did some at URE) It was on 37's back then. Ive got a winch bumper on it now. 2003 F250, 6.0 Powerstoke, 6 speed, 4.10 gears, 4" turbo back straight pipe, SCT tuned.
mytowrig.jpg

This was my tow rig, trailer and wheeling rig at the Food Lion in Biscoe, NC on our way to URE July 4, 2011. Now on 35 inch tires. 2009 Master Tow 14K lb trailer GCWR: 19,000 lbs!

towrigs.jpg

This was most of our group in the Food Lion parking lot! Zombhunter from this site isn't pictured, he parked behind us lengthwise on the next row back.

View attachment 47554

Is that a 4 door JK in the back of the deuce. Any more pictures of that?

Yea. That was my neighbors. I think I've got another pic, but ill have to load it at home. He's sold the jk and bought a cj to fix up, but he drives the deuce every day still lol.

Careful parking it in the grass like that. If you get a heavy dew, it'll be there for good. ;)

Truck and trailer
ai44.photobucket.com_albums_f43_GCncsuHD_DSCN2813.jpg

More recent pic of the truck itself
ai44.photobucket.com_albums_f43_GCncsuHD_2012_06_10_17_58_52_642.jpg

Is that a 4 door JK in the back of the deuce. Any more pictures of that?

Yea. That was my neighbors. I think I've got another pic, but ill have to load it at home. He's sold the jk and bought a cj to fix up, but he drives the deuce every day still lol.[/quote]

That's awesome. I'd like to see some more pictures if you have them. The gears are turning in my head.

That's awesome. I'd like to see some more pictures if you have them. The gears are turning in my head.

Here's a couple more of the deuce. My neighbor said he'd try to get on and post up a few pics himself. I'm not sure of his username.
josh.jpg

This is the deuce parked in front of the house on Lake Tillery where we stay when we go to URE for the weekend.
josh1.jpg

This is the only other pic I have of the deuce and a half from that weekend. He basically built some ramps that were like 10 feet long and found a dip to put the back axles of the truck in to make loading and unloading a little easier.

Here's a couple more of the deuce. My neighbor said he'd try to get on and post up a few pics himself. I'm not sure of his username.
View attachment 47669
This is the deuce parked in front of the house on Lake Tillery where we stay when we go to URE for the weekend.
View attachment 47670
This is the only other pic I have of the deuce and a half from that weekend. He basically built some ramps that were like 10 feet long and found a dip to put the back axles of the truck in to make loading and unloading a little easier.

I did not have any better pics of the jeep in the deuce so here is a more recent pic of the deuce with larger tires. The CJ5 I have now will find it's way back there soon enough.

Attachments

• photo(5).JPG
    photo(5).JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 680
My Daddy raised me better than to own a Ford. I strayed and bought one the other day. I am thinking, its got a great International diesel and a fresh tranny, how bad can the rest of it be? I totaly forgot how bad it sucked to work on a frickin' Ford! Dad, you were right!
Went to put new headlight assemblies in the F350 diesel today and OMG!:kaioken: Had to frickin' disassemble the front of the truck to get to everything! If you have ever done this job on a late 90's F series truck you will know about the little HL retaining clips that take 3 tools at the same time to remove. Of course they are in a tiny spot, down in a hole. Takes 90 degree snap ring pliers, small screwdriver and a oring pick all at the same time to pull the little clip off the headlight adjuster. Not to mention having to pull 2 batts, 2 batt trays, air box, air duct, brackets that tie them together, to hard to reach bezel nuts (That strip out of the plastic)... All to pull a frickin headlight housing! I am sure the guy who designed this has been beat to death by now, but I would like to piss on his grave.:D

On the bright side, I pulled a racecar plus 2 spare engines and 2 transmissions from Clover to Harrisburg yesterday and averaged 16 MPG at 70 mph. Truck runs like a champ and pulls like a mule.

0619122126.jpg

GCncsuHD....you're going to need to go ahead and sell me that dually so I can put a Cummins in it :D

GCncsuHD....you're going to need to go ahead and sell me that dually so I can put a Cummins in it :D
How about you go ahead and give me the Cummins, because it sure isn't for sale :flipoff2:

Cummins/NV4500 has crossed my mind, but between the expense of that, and adapting the racetrack bolt pattern 205 to the NV4500, it just isn't worth it. I need something that is happy revving on the highway with the low gears and no OD on the 4 speed, I have decided to go with a LQ4 6.0 swap, and mate that to the stock sm465. I can make plenty of power with that setup for 1/4 of the cost of the diesel swap, and I know my way around the LS well enough.

Plus you'd be keeping it Chevy, which is even cooler in my opinion.... Not because I necessarily like Chevy more than Dodge but it'd still be cooler

Well.....I could certainly make you a decent package deal :D. I was going to put the Cummins in my 99 Silverado, but decided not to.

Current Tow pig (07' lbz duramax, PPE hot +2 ET Race, Danville Performance turbo, Turbo brake, 5" straight pipe, intake, ported fuel rails, airdog fuel pump etc.)

ai138.photobucket.com_albums_q266_74_Chevota_Ultra_204_20buggye76bcc94a6e8e27d32fd0933b42d0b7c.jpg

tow rig 97 dodge 12 valve fuel plate intake fuel tweaked up timing 5inch stacks

Attachments

• 74875_166577543374159_8049462_n.jpg
    74875_166577543374159_8049462_n.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 590
  • rig2.jpg
    rig2.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 596
Back