Lets See a Pic of Your tow rig and trailer.

Put the ol 7.3 to work this weekend with a 35’ gooseneck I borrowed to tow to URE. Very happy with how it towed but braking could be improved.
7C5ECB97-718F-4DA4-9ED8-83CF4977161F.jpeg

Are the brakes not that great on the OBS Powerstrokes? or is it that the trailer doesn't have very good brakes? That's just a damn good looking truck. Not too much of anything and not really missing anything. I like the color too.

Are the brakes not that great on the OBS Powerstrokes? or is it that the trailer doesn't have very good brakes? That's just a damn good looking truck. Not too much of anything and not really missing anything. I like the color too.

Thanks, never been a Ford fan but love this truck. If it were a crew cab I could put the family in I’d have zero complaints.
Back in February I did new Hawk pads up front and new shoes and hardware kit from Napa on the rear. Braking didn’t improve as much as I had hoped. Don’t feel like the rear do very much. The trailer brakes were not the best, but the guy I borrowed the trailer from normally tows it with a totter home built on a semi chassis. So he probably had no idea if they worked or not. On our 42’ fifth wheel I could feel a whole lot of braking from the camper.

Put the ol 7.3 to work this weekend with a 35’ gooseneck I borrowed to tow to URE. Very happy with how it towed but braking could be improved.
View attachment 331922

Good looking set up. You were pulling into the Outpost as we were pulling out. My dad was in the motorhome with the yellow RamCharger.

Duane

Treated the tow pig to its yearly bath...looks better without all the dirt & dust on it!
a094b63a589a8f5f79413811725d9b33.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Just acquired this beast, which will be my tow rig for my Willys when it is done. '96 K2500HD, 6.5 with lots of maintenance and upgrades. 14-bolt rear with 4:10 gears, 8600GVWR. It's getting a front end rebuild now, the shocks were trash and it had some bad ball joints and lots of play in the pitman and idler arms.
I'm upgrading with Proforged ball joints, pitman arm, idler arm. Super Steer idler arm mount, Kryptonite tie rod ends, and a set of Bilstein shocks. Should get the steering tightened up again and ready for the road.

IMG_20210114_083116318.jpg

How many miles on the green'en?

I need that like I need a hole in my head but it is very close to what I'd want if I bumped up (ideally a 15+ though).

I'd keep the green one for the sake of reliability and the 6spd tranny.

Buts it’s got 15+ turbo and lots of other goods.
Shoot me the details in a PM & any pictures you have (what am I doing... 🤦‍♂️)

Feeling cute, fixing to see how she pulls heading up to Harlan

20210131_163823.jpg

Back