Lets See a Pic of Your tow rig and trailer.

I'm not sure you're going to get very far running 40" sticky treps on Samurai axles.

Also, that's the worst-looking map of South Carolina I've ever seen.

You are 0 for 3.
No 40" sticky treps
No Sammi Axles
And nothing SC in that picture....

You are 0 for 3.
No 40" sticky treps
No Sammi Axles
hehehe he's closer than most may think!!!!lol

That big white triangle isn't your attempt at a map of South Carolina?? Had me fooled...

That is a figment of your imagination. There is nothing on the trailer (behind the curtain)

'08 H3 Alpha (5.3 V8) with a 16' trailer-

alh4.googleusercontent.com__k8Wqp0xFkFQ_T0wFadu__FI_AAAAAAAAB5A_ER5r9AHIdzQ_s800_rollingtoauburn.jpg

alh3.googleusercontent.com__QqMvS0bvbGw_Tqx7zs0McVI_AAAAAAAABZs_JqapQ_Zr93Q_s800_Farma0.jpg

You are 0 for 3.
No 40" sticky treps
No Sammi Axles

I'm actually surprised the hitch didn't fall off knowing the condition after the Windrock race :lol:

Not sure on the tires, but those are treps in the pic
I know the axles :D
I know the engine :D

Should be fun! And I think the previous owner may need to "borrow" it March 17... :lol:

How does the burb tow with the 5.7?

1) Like I have less in it than most here have in tires/rims! (seriously :D )

2) It won't win any races, but it's steady & pulls my trailer/Moss just fine. I've been both surprised & pleased in what the "little 350" will do, even with 185K miles on the ticker. It ain't a PS or CTD, but I can work on it (no diesel skills) & parts are available anywhere/everywhere (See #1)

IMGA0091.jpg
I use this for short/day trips. It used to pull a pop up, but moved on to an RV

5Y15V25Z13n13m03o3bb3ae38c981f87a181b.jpg

Now this is how I roll! Triton V-10 pulls great!

Also bought a Hudson trailer from Zuber. Needs a lot of fixing up. Deck paint and so on.
Need to check out the brakes and bearings. Bought 4 new tires for it. It has the mobile home style axles, but pulls great. Rides smooth, so it's a keeper!

How does the burb tow with the 5.7?

2) It won't win any races, but it's steady & pulls my trailer/Moss just fine. I've been both surprised & pleased in what the "little 350" will do, even with 185K miles on the ticker. It ain't a PS or CTD, but I can work on it (no diesel skills) & parts are available anywhere/everywhere (See #1)

I used to tow with a 5.7 (in a Tahoe!), and the motor pulled fine, biggest complaint I had was stopping power, but that was more due to the shorter wheel base and lighter weight Tahoe.

Pull with a 2003 Tahoe all the time. 6.0 helps a good bit over the 5.3 version. 4 wheel trailer brakes are the way to go on these lighter and shorter set ups. Single axle brakes will not make you comfortable in some situations. (Read that as gripping the seat with your cheeks).

Caver is the king of all things frugle! He still has some unspent confederate money in his wallet.:D

This is the same feeling I have on it!!! I live an average income lifestyle and I have not bought a car in years that I have not paid cash for. I am looking for a tow rig now and still cant wrap my head around the need for a diesel when I will only have time and money to wheel about 2 times a month once my jeep is finished. I guess at this point, in my price range, I am trying to decide between a suburban with TBI454 or a vortec 350 unless I find a smokin deal a vortec 454 or on something else.

This is the same feeling I have on it!!! I live an average income lifestyle and I have not bought a car in years that I have not paid cash for. I am looking for a tow rig now and still cant wrap my head around the need for a diesel when I will only have time and money to wheel about 2 times a month once my jeep is finished. I guess at this point, in my price range, I am trying to decide between a suburban with TBI454 or a vortec 350 unless I find a smokin deal a vortec 454 or on something else.

Maybe we're "long lost brothers"? :D That pretty much describes me, except for twice a month, I'm lucky to wheel 4-5 per YEAR! :rolleyes:

I had 2 diesels previously... 7.3L NA/5spd & CTD/auto, which both SUCKED! The NA had no balls and the CTD auto would get warm pulling out of the driveway under load. After those debacles, I realized I have ZERO diesel skills and opted for a gasser just to be able to turn my own wrenches/troubleshoot.

I paid about $1700 for the Burb... added the rims/tires/hitch/brake wiring-controller/more comfy seats/rear shocks/rebuilt brakes/bearings/fluids for another $500. 100% paid for, insurance & "car" tag is cheap and could ALWAYS turn it at the "non-english speaking trades hangout" in W-S for well over that.
The 5.7L is surprising... it'll drop a gear and tach to the moon just like a 6.0/8.1L. Power is decent for what it is and has netted about 10-11mpgs the few times I've used it. Truthfully, on most trips, my brothers '01 2500HD/8.1L/Allison gets the nod due to AC/fully loaded :redface:

Back