Lets See a Pic of Your tow rig and trailer.

Did you really just ask that question o_Oo_O:flipoff2:

Duane

I was just making sure! I would have been sad if you got rid of it.

I have it in my head to take the plow mount and aluminum flat bed off, build a minimal bed for it, throw some 40's on it and wheel it. We'll see how that plays out.

Duane

Bought and sold some stuff and came out with a new trailer.
Had to dig up my front yard to extend my well casing.

A7914652-8577-4B43-A901-241DD7E3C208.jpeg

Big Tex trailer
20ft deck 16ft of tilt.
7k axles
Recently deleted the 6.7 powerstroke. Actually sounds like a diesel now.

I’m thinking about extending the trailer 15 feet so I can tow two cars at a time.

Sorry for the stupid half sideways picture that my buddy took...but hauled this 3/4 ton Suburban back to New Bern from Elizabeth City. Pulled good! I was a little worried since I had to load it backwards. The new tunes were on the money and I think I averaged 13 running 70 or better. Not too bad for having the same aerodynamics as a double wide.

FB_IMG_1551396358742.jpg

Good luck selling. I mean, who would buy a gasser 3/4 ton?

:flipoff2:

I actually like the truck alot it pulls whati need just as good as any detuned manual diesel, but I'm having trouble using it without getting it dirty.

I mean, who would buy a gasser 3/4 ton?

I was seriously considering a change 24 hours ago. Diesel fuel has gotten stupid again just in time for my CA run and I’m honestly butt hurt about it. Very nice Power Wagon sitting in Gastonia I’m in love with.

I actually like the truck alot it pulls whati need just as good as any detuned manual diesel, but I'm having trouble using it without getting it dirty.

The whole “getting dirty” thing is what scares me off of a nice truck. I’m not baller enough to have a pretty truck and one I actually use.

The whole “getting dirty” thing is what scares me off of a nice truck. I’m not baller enough to have a pretty truck and one I actually use.

The first month I had my 4th gen dually I scratched the inside of the bed to hell and slung mud all over it. After that it got easier.
4th gen 2.jpg
4th gen 1.jpg

I was seriously considering a change 24 hours ago. Diesel fuel has gotten stupid again just in time for my CA run and I’m honestly butt hurt about it. Very nice Power Wagon sitting in Gastonia I’m in love with.

Power wagon gearing will be rough on Gas.

Just come drive mine and take it home with you.

I just cant bring myself to do it.
Don't get me wrong I love my truck to be as "pretty" as possible but I will make it earn its keep. After 11 years of abuse my 3rd gen got the bed repainted due to fender rust but the paint still shined with zero scratches on the outside.

Power wagon gearing will be rough on Gas.

Just come drive mine and take it home with you.

That Power Wagon gearing is what’d be necessary to pull my trailer. I gotta make up for losing half the torque. Even with the gearing, I’m confident that 6.4 would hate life.

The first month I had my 4th gen dually I scratched the inside of the bed to hell and slung mud all over it. After that it got easier.
View attachment 287230 View attachment 287231

Mine is a Tradesman. Quality seat covers and wall to wall WeatherTech mats. Trust me, I still get her dirty. It’s all the bells and whistles I can’t have. The old man drives a 3500 Laramie Longhorn and I’m scared to touch anything in that truck.

That Power Wagon gearing is what’d be necessary to pull my trailer. I gotta make up for losing half the torque. Even with the gearing, I’m confident that 6.4 would hate life.
I think you would be surprised.

Don’t say that! I was already 99.9% sure I didn’t need to go test drive that truck.

Edit: Now that I’ve read even further into it, the Power Wagon won’t tow my trailer either. It’d have to be a regular 2500 with 4.10 gears. Guess I’ll pay to play and roll with my Cummins.

Last edited:

I have talked to a couple diesel to 6.4 guys and they are all pretty happy with the truck. They are pretty powerful. Are they granny gear off 1200 rpm diesel strong? Nope, but they damn sure pull what most people need to. I am going to buy a 4th gen gas 2500 as a nice truck. I am keeping the Cummins to haul the heavy stuff tho.

I have talked to a couple diesel to 6.4 guys and they are all pretty happy with the truck. They are pretty powerful. Are they granny gear off 1200 rpm diesel strong? Nope, but they damn sure pull what most people need to. I am going to buy a 4th gen gas 2500 as a nice truck. I am keeping the Cummins to haul the heavy stuff tho.
Yeah I always say if it's 14k lb or less the gas truck is good to go. Speaking of the more powerful gas trucks that have come out in the last 4 or 5 years though.

Keep in mind I have mine for sale. If the 4th gen sells first then I'll keep the third gen and throw a flatbed on it.

Back