Lets See a Pic of Your tow rig and trailer.

dont hate im 26 and if i wasnt going to buy a goose neck soon id have a camper cover on my truck

I've got a Soft topper shell on mine. Keeps stuff dry when I need it and folds up against the back of the cab to load big stuff in the bed or use the gooseneck hitch. Best of both worlds and only weighs like 40lbs.

IMG_4683.JPG IMG_5214.JPG

Went to help a buddy get his new place cleaned up, mowed, and graded. Haven't bought a new trailer yet, so I asked another buddy if I could borrow his trailer. It was a heavy pig, but it pulls like a dream and I definitely didn't have to worry about over loading. 30ft (25+5) deckover tandem dual from Texas Bragg.

20171021_074235.jpg

20171021_075410.jpg

Trailer is 6500, tractor with implements are 6000-ish, and whatever the truck weighs...probably around 7000. So, about 20k gross. The old LB7 did good and rolled 250k miles in the process.

Last edited:
Here is mine

Attachments

• BBAA277C-6432-4790-9AE6-1AE52A734DA8.jpeg
    BBAA277C-6432-4790-9AE6-1AE52A734DA8.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 268
You need two things:

1- A taller neck on that trailer!
2- To let me take that grapple off your hands :D
I want the third option hydraulics and a grapple for mine some kinda bad!

Yeah
You need two things:

1- A taller neck on that trailer!
2- To let me take that grapple off your hands :D
I want the third option hydraulics and a grapple for mine some kinda bad!

Yeah no joke. I just keep it careful and watch the tailgate but the plan is to lift the trailer.

And wait til Titan attachments has a sale and get you a grapple. I went the lazy route and ordered a wr long 3rd function kit but would be easy enough to piece together. Pretty handy to have.

Newish to me tow rig.
5 speed, 4.10's and lots of rpm's on the interstate.
Love finally having a true back seat though.

View attachment 256532

Stay off the OBS Ford groups/pages...otherwise you'll want to kill yourself for being associated with such a demographic.

Stay off the OBS Ford groups/pages...otherwise you'll want to kill yourself for being associated with such a demographic.

Can you explain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you explain?

Can you explain?

Was a joke...I have a 96 crew myself. But I equate most of the 92-97 crowd as modern ricers...the brodozers...the I put 24" rims and stretched tires and lightbars on my rig so it's 'built' crowd. And heaven forbid the topic of 'what OBS actually means' comes up. Most of that crowd likes having a cute nickname and will fight to the death for it...even though it was originally an internet slang term to differentiate the 94.5-97 PSD and SD PSD...now it's expanded to anything 80-97, and before long will probably include model T's.

Was a joke...I have a 96 crew myself. But I equate most of the 92-97 crowd as modern ricers...the brodozers...the I put 24" rims and stretched tires and lightbars on my rig so it's 'built' crowd. And heaven forbid the topic of 'what OBS actually means' comes up. Most of that crowd likes having a cute nickname and will fight to the death for it...even though it was originally an internet slang term to differentiate the 94.5-97 PSD and SD PSD...now it's expanded to anything 80-97, and before long will probably include model T's.

To put it another way...you know it's pretty bad when FourWheeler magazine makes fun of a 4x4, yet this dude has a pack of rabid 18-25 year old brodozers in every group.

IMG_2025.JPG

Yeah,
It used to be one of those. lol
It was on 20's when I bought it.

IMG_0046.JPG

Good thing the stock alcoas are cheaper due to the craze.
Best looking wheels IMO

Last edited:
Yeah,
It used to be one of those. lol
It was on 20's when I bought it.

View attachment 256537

Good thing the stock alcoas are cheaper due to the craze.
Best looking wheels IMO

Clean rig for sure. And now that there is another one of us on the board...you ever go parts picking, give me a holler...I'll at least put up some cash for parts/whole trucks.

That's like when I see people call an 88-98 GM truck a square body...I want to throat punch somebody!

ven though it was originally an internet slang term to differentiate the 94.5-97 PSD and SD PSD...now it's expanded to anything 80-97, and before long will probably include model T's.

They're going to follow the Chevy guys. The OBS trucks will now be known as OOBS trucks, and the 99-16 trucks will be known as OBS trucks until 2034 when the new ones come out.

@Curtis_H I require some details on that trailer modification. I have very similar aspirations for my new trailer. Please and Thank you!

11C42F94-D7A5-49B5-805B-896BFAC2A0D0.jpeg
246C7FED-A480-4CDA-A7FF-16DB04A127AF.jpeg
@Curtis_H I require some details on that trailer modification. I have very similar aspirations for my new trailer. Please and Thank you!

I recently bought this trailer from @edward and he bought it few years ago from the guy that built it. Guy did a really good job and kept it simple. From what I’m told it’s metal frame with foam board insulation. The inside is the plastic textured panel like you see in some bathrooms, outside is aluminum sheets like on an enclosed trailer. Inside it has a queen size bed up top, then the floor area is left open with fold down table and bench seats to sit or eat. It has a fold up camping stove that mounts to outside or inside and hooks to 20lb propane bottle. Has a window ac unit and a propane buddy heater. I like it much better than the slide in camper I had. I like how the bottom area is set up because you can fold everything up and have a large floor area for the kids to play if weather is nasty. Or sit around in camping chairs or what ever. The kids sleep on the bottom also on cots that fold up like camping chairs. Or I have an air mattress for the bottom if friends go with me. Also has a roll up door on back so makes loading easier or could even put 4 wheeler inside if you wanted. I was going to build something similar but got lucky and talked ed out of this one.

Last edited:
Back