Legal mud pits in NC?

CarolinaHD

Well-Known Member?
alright ive already gone through the sticky and looked through the farm's website and URE's trail maps and im not seeing any mud pits. i got a suburban on 44's so all its about good for is the mud lol. im tryin to get out of illegally wheeling under powerlines and what not and tryin to stay legal and give the off road community a good name. thanks.

Going "mudding" isn't giving the off road community a good name...mainly it is noting more than risking tearing crap up...unless you're going to some sort of mudding competition...

I'm just getting the thread rolling on how mudding isn't off roading...get ready because the wave is coming...
(though splashing through a few is pretty fun)

well i know down in florida they have mud boggin but seein as how i dont live there i figured i would try and find some. hell even muddy trails would be fine as long as they arent too extreme. 8" lift springs tend to not flex well.

there is a place off 85 near DCCC that is open on Sundays that can be fun and all it is is mud

Did you check out the Uwharrie Stables across from the OHV trails? They usually have mud races etc.

i havent been up there yet but i plan on goin soon and their map doesnt give much insight. thats why i was hoping some people who have been around to these places could help me out

Well the only "mud pits" which are water holes on the actual OHV trails are located on Falls Dam (noted on the map I posted up in the other thread).

But the Stables across from where the OHV Trails are has a rock garden, 4x4 racing track, and mud pits. I don't think they have a map, but I am sure there are pictures up on here somewhere...

last i heard the place in lexington was a good place to go. its off business 85. if you get in touch with derek riley at colfax trailer repair he could tell you more. he goes down there a lot. i dont have his number but i am sure its on here somewhere.

there is a local mudbog in eastbend this saturday thats pretty fun. if interested in it give me a call 336-755-8642 and i can get you directions.
later
eric

Going "mudding" isn't giving the off road community a good name...mainly it is noting more than risking tearing crap up...unless you're going to some sort of mudding competition...
I'm just getting the thread rolling on how mudding isn't off roading...get ready because the wave is coming...
(though splashing through a few is pretty fun)

Mudding as you call it, how is it not offroading?

I don't like the mud, it sucks, messes up all of my seals and bearings and is a pain in the ass to work under the truck afterwards.

That being said, I love to go to a good Muddin' show and watch others do their best to kill a vehicle. It is offroading to me, and just another side. People ask me "what is the fun of climbing up on a bunch of rocks? That ain't off roading." Anything that isn't on a road is off-road...right?

I stopped by and watched at the 1 off of 85. pretty big place. lots of holes to get stuck in. I talked with the guy at the gate. he said they were there every sun.

There is one down this way in I live about 4 miles from the state line and there is a place called Fastrax USA.They usually race there the last Saturday of each month.You may want to pm Bigtyme I know they race there sometimes.

mud tears up bearings and brakes.rocks tear up the body. you cant wash body damage off but you can wash mud off :)

The Farm sure was full of mud for the last event lol..... they used to have an actual MUD pit though:

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v426_GSRswapandslow_rock_20crawlin_S6300652.jpg

i used to have a video of "stump" jumping a stock sami into the thing 3 times..........good stuff. there were 2 pits, side by side. one had logs and stuff in it called "the Frame Twister" and i forget the other.

the Mud pit in Lexington, NC off 29/70 right past DCCC on commerical rd on the left goin toward lexington (i think thats the road) open on sundays 12 to when ever. 5 dollers for guy women and kids free.

^^ holy hell i wish i could have seen that

Yea I was dumb enough to ride shotgun with Stump when he did that, even dumber to take ol Rusty my old Chevy ballin through it at like 50 mph and jump half the pit :driver:

The Farm sure was full of mud for the last event lol..... they used to have an actual MUD pit though

Yea it was an extremely sad day that the pits got closed . . . If I ever come up with enough $$ one day I'll hire all the security and pay for the insurance and everything to get Chad to reopen a couple pits, lol.

But yea the Lexington Mud hole's are where its at, as well as Uwharrie Stables Racing Facility, also Aint Skeered Racing Team outta Lexington is Opening up a Mud Racing Facility next year as well.

btw: lil teaser, next year 4x4cross Racing has several events in the works with several venues thats gonna bust the NC Mud Boggin, Mega Truckin, Grudge Pullin, just all around Vulgar Displays of Horsepower and shear Tire size world Wiiiiiiiiiiiide Open, bwahahahaha!!! :smokin:

Back