Late Model F150

I've got a '12 F150 XLT, 4x4, crew cab with the 3.5 Ecoboost & 3.55 gears. Tows my 4K # CJ on a 2K # trailer with no issues. Loaded up for a weekend trip, I'm usually grossing close to 14K #. Gets around 10 mpg towing, and 16-18 mpg on the road with the 285/70/17 Duratracs. Bought it new and just over 60K miles with no issues, just routine maintenance.

I drove a 2014 4x4 with 5.0 for work. All it ever had was brakes, tires and a water pump for 180k. Then the trans died. But it was never serviced and towed 10k through the mountains on a regular basis.

If you took care of it I could see one lasting for a while.

I drove a 2014 4x4 with 5.0 for work. All it ever had was brakes, tires and a water pump for 180k. Then the trans died. But it was never serviced and towed 10k through the mountains on a regular basis.

If you took care of it I could see one lasting for a while.

Must not have been the mountains on the way to Harlan...that's unpossible.

It towed a standing seam machine all over the Asheville area. Truck was used and abused. I’m surprised it held out as long as it did. I should have been using a 250 or a diesel.

It towed a standing seam machine all over the Asheville area. Truck was used and abused. I’m surprised it held out as long as it did. I should have been using a 250 or a diesel.

I'm with you, I'm a believer, I've done it repeatedly as well...was a joke for a cross thread reference I can't let die.

Back