Kodak rock closed?

Maybe I've seen it mentioned before, but I cant remember what was said, but If I am riding or hiking at URE and happen across some artifacts, like arrow heads or a tomahawk what should I do?

I'll be honest and say that I'd like to keep them, but what is the rule?

And just curious, can anyone tell us what the 50 lbs of artifacts were, or is that top secret? Where will they go...a museum or something?

Maybe I've seen it mentioned before, but I cant remember what was said, but If I am riding or hiking at URE and happen across some artifacts, like arrow heads or a tomahawk what should I do?

I'll be honest and say that I'd like to keep them, but what is the rule?

And just curious, can anyone tell us what the 50 lbs of artifacts were, or is that top secret? Where will they go...a museum or something?

You keep it or place it somewhere else far away and don't say a word or then that area would be shut down too lol.

It's actually against the law to remove artifacts from the forest.

Last I heard was something like a 10,000 dollar fine and maybe jail time. Both am unsure of at the moment as I have been asleep since I heard many moons ago. To answer the question do not touch it and if you do put it back.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I wouldn't ever disturb graves, or touch bones and such, but could I really get fined 10,000 for finding and keeping an arrowhead?

Back on topic, I'm kinda lost. Is the backside of RML closed down now as well, or just the part with Kodak and all that was closed this year?

See you guys on Sat for the workday!

I think he was referring to the backside as in the backside that leads up to Kodak. Nothing has changed as far as what is closed.

It will open back up. Slight possibility of late this year but more than likely next year. Volunteer efforts have been focusing on other problem areas that if not fixed would end up the same. Had a lot of active volunteers each month (average 60/workday) which really gets the work done and helps our fight to get Kodack opened back up.

I know I'm writing Santa Clause, but has there been any discussion whatsoever about possibilities of RML opening back up at Kodak rock?

I know I'm writing Santa Clause, but has there been any discussion whatsoever about possibilities of RML opening back up at Kodak rock?
It's done and gone. Way too much money to do anything with it.

It’s all political. They got what they wanted which was to shut it down by finding the artifacts and it is now a protected area.

What is the money needed for? Trail repair? Artifact removal?
It was proposed to have the trail up to kodak then a loop back down bypassing the top which is where the problem was.

It was proposed to have the trail up to kodak then a loop back down bypassing the top which is where the problem was.
Ok so, that sounds like a plan. Why no pursuit of that? Its not like it has to be done in a day....

Ok so, that sounds like a plan. Why no pursuit of that? Its not like it has to be done in a day....

Because Government.

Cost. It was determined to be cheaper to work on opening Lake View and work on other trails. This is all my understanding. I'm not a part of FOU or the powers that be out there. I just show up as often as I can to work day and ask questions.

Back