July 19th 2014 URE Workday

krzyabncanuck

BLM HOTSHOT
That time of the month again where URE needs our help. WIll let the man with the plan speak up as to what we will be doing / what needs to get done. This month and next month are our slow / easy months where not alot of hard stuff gets done as it is too darn hot. It was bloody hot last month out there.

Plan is about the same as last month, move a little riprap, clean and plan the sept workday(eyes and ears on issues such as spider trails, drain issues etc etc).

Carolina Broncos won't be there Sat. However, we just rode all the trails yesterday. Everything looked good with the exception of spider trails on Daniel and I noticed a cut through forming at the double parking lot over by the bath house. It cut through the valley on the left, bypassing the wooden guard rail.

We got about a bag and a half of trash between 5 of us. Dutch John is in good shape, IMHO. We trimmed some brush and attended to the stream crossings. Trash this year seems way down compared to years past. I hope that trend continues!

I won't be able to make it at all. I should be at the next one. Might try and get up there between the two since I can't make this one.

I will be paying the kings mountain point some love as we have a kids fishing derby with the nwtf sat morning....

Thats completely fine by me man. Family first. You come out there alot and help as it is. Looks like it will only be a few so i might try and hit the back side of daniel to try and figure the best approach to the issue if it is fine with the club that owns it. Just trying to help come up with a plan to make sure it stays open in the long run. Granted Chris might be with me.

Thats completely fine by me man. Family first. You come out there alot and help as it is. Looks like it will only be a few so i might try and hit the back side of daniel to try and figure the best approach to the issue if it is fine with the club that owns it. Just trying to help come up with a plan to make sure it stays open in the long run. Granted Chris might be with me.
I can speak for that club..... Any help with our trail is greatly welcomed.

That's why I said you might be with me anyway and I knew you are a part of it.

This fall and winter we are going to have to hit the workdays hard, Daniel is getting extremely high traffic now and is taking a beating.

I goofed around the trails today. Only 1 other person was out there.

Daniel has a tree blocking half the trail. I moved most of the smaller limbs so folks could get by, but couldn't move the big part by myself.

Dickey Bell has a small tree blocking the trail near a campsite/road crossing. Didn't mess with it, but probably be broken by a good bumper.

A dead pine tree is broken about 10ft from the ground and is leaning against a high tree branch, when it falls, it will fall in the trail if not on someone's roof.

All else looked great. The Bud Light girls were definitly out this week giving out beer cans.

I goofed around the trails today. Only 1 other person was out there.

Daniel has a tree blocking half the trail. I moved most of the smaller limbs so folks could get by, but couldn't move the big part by myself.

Dickey Bell has a small tree blocking the trail near a campsite/road crossing. Didn't mess with it, but probably be broken by a good bumper.

A dead pine tree is broken about 10ft from the ground and is leaning against a high tree branch, when it falls, it will fall in the trail if not on someone's roof.

All else looked great. The Bud Light girls were definitly out this week giving out beer cans.
Which ends of the trails are they in?

Daniel, between the mud hole and the top of the mountain. It can be pushed or slid out of the way.

Tree leaning beside dickey, past the hillclimb and the top wear the sharp rocks are.

Tree crossing trail, can't remember which road crossing it was near. It shouldn't be a problem to move, but Atv's will definitely go around it in the camping area.

Sorry for the lack of notes.

So. Work done today.

Tree on Daniel taken care of.

Tree on Dickey Bell taken care of. Dead pine.

Illegal new trail by double lot blocked off with split rail.

Illegal trail on Falls Dam blocked off by trees cut up that were already done and placed over the trail. Garbage from HELL picked up. Still way more out there though.

Big thanks for all that showed up today. Morgan , all the guys / gals from Triad.

Congrats for the 2 people from Triad that got the things from Warn thru FOU. Yep, never know what FOU might bring out this year to a workday. Pair of Warn gloves and a Warn snatch block was given away today.

Do have a huge issue I found on Dickey Bell today that we need to do some serious work on. Huge illegal trail that goes on one of our old trails we shut down years upon years ago.

Darren i rode the trails from about 1 on. We picked up 4 bags of trash at kings point before that. On my trail ride i picked up 5 more big bags of trash(ran out of bags). I am amazed at some of the camp sites having bags of trash left in them. I filled the jeep up and delivered to the outpost.

We did not leave til 5 pm. Long day. We took it to the outpost also.

Back