John at xtreme machines............

dontoe

......has been super to deal with! He's quoted me prices at or below anywhere else! Really knowledgeable and helpful too. Thanks John for the great deals and service, and taking the time to help me out.

What is this place, I saw a yj in garner today with that sticker, it had a wierd area code and I never heard of it.

His place does a about everything 4X4, Jeep and truck related. Pretty impressed with they're service and prices! Hate to sound like a commercial, it's just unusual to find a local place like his.

StudNuts said:
What is this place, I saw a yj in garner today with that sticker, it had a wierd area code and I never heard of it.

Its a 4x4 shop in Hickory, right off Highway 70.

Ive heard it to be really good at times, and really really bad/expensive at times

I've just got "meh" to say. I can say that they've become much better lately though, and that's a good thing.
Much more of a bolt on place than fab shop...if at all a fab shop.

pstrokejunky said:
i work across the street from them :) there not OFF 70 they are ON 70 across from mike johnsons hickory toyota where i work :)

Well they arent ON 70, if they where on 70 I think that would be slightly dangerous :lol:

But yea, they are right on 70..

All I see there are full size broncos....not the place for yota guys myself...they have alot of big ass wheels n such...They are more into bling cars and suv's. Yeppe look a my huuuuuuuugeeee wheels

john has to make money and in hickory there are lots of people who want some 24",26" and 28" BLING
so don't judge him for that
he can get any rockcrawler part you could dream of
he is also a red letter WARN dealer
and talk bout the BFG hook up he sells BFG's at deals
the man is in love with the full size bronco's and BAJA racing
:beer:

Are you saying there is anything wrong with full size Broncos? ;) John has been pretty good to us over the years and given us some deals, but he has to make his money and if people want bling and they are willing to pay then he is the man for that too. He is great to deal :) with and if he has the best price then we buy there if not then we go elsewhere, but who doesn't.

Crystal

Hello Everyone,
I appreciate all who posted compliments, As for Broncos, I really do love them, The fullsize Bronco is all that I have ever wheeled, They work good for what I like to do, We have been building a Bronco to race in the Baja 500 as well as the 1000, It is almost complete, As for deals, If and when you come by my store, Let me know who you are, I will give you the best service possible, I do get an unbelievable amount of tire kickers, and is hard to be at the top of my game 100 % of the time, but I do try, As far as prices are concerned, I can really do well on most items , but on some stuff, I can't seem to get a good price, I have been at this a long time, since 1996, Give me a shot , I will treat you right, Thanks

Wow, John knows how to use a computer...:D

I have had very good experiences with John and Xtreme. It has been posted before that he needs to make money and your average wheeler is not going to sign up for the $5k charge account the way the big tire, loud exhaust crowd will.
I love being able to support a local shop, and in Hickory, John is it.
Now, if I can just talk him into getting one of those Broncos into something other than sand.:flipoff2:

Chris

xtreme is a really good place to shop
i used to work for him back when they were in valdese
all i can say is he's been a true friend all these years and he's always gone out of his way for me even though i don't work there anymore. his prices are at least even with other places but usually better and always were fair
john has always been about customer service.

we have both become fathers since then and we both have matured allot and i hope to have him for a friend for a long time to come.
happy wheeling everyone

ryan mckee

Yeah, John really knows his stuff. Been wheeling a long time and all over the place, even Morocco:smokin:

Yeah he knows Broncos, but he knows a lot of other stuff too.

Sellin that 26" Bling isn't bad, ya gotta pay the bills somway. And on the East Coast its hard to run a full custom all out 100% 4x4 shop and stay in business.

another supporter of Xtreme 4x4 in Hickory

Back