job openings, anyone?

marty79

hey everyone just thought I'd reach out here since I'm on the market: Serious here, no bashing!
I am looking for a Job to seriously grow with!! Plain and simple! Grow with, grow into and opportunities to advance in the place and financially!! I'm open to many different types of work, listed below is my main experiences! My current job is just not working out the way was told and well, it pays ok but I'm just floating by day by day dealing with too much drama and the work load has become slow.
I will be honest though: I AM NOT looking for another dead end, empty hopes and dreams job with empty promises like most places I've worked for in my life. Not being mean but every job says "starting pay is ......, after xxx days you get raise then after blah blah blah" all full of crap, at least in my 20yrs of work force. The production welding job was the only one that held true to that statement but unfortunately I cannot do production welding all day everyday, my hand didn't agree lol. Any previous job cannot say anything negative about my speed, agility, performance, and dedication. I dedicate myself to the work, the task and the workplace %110 until not shown appreciation as promised! I've had way too many empty promises with jobs which is why I move around jobs more than I'd like to but I'm not getting any younger so staying somewhere with no growth is just pointless...I'm not looking to just collect another paycheck! My current job is good for that lol. Also need a job where I can be kept plenty busy throughout my whole shift, even when everyone else goes to lunch I need work. I am hyperactive, energetic and love to stay in the zone all day.

If anyone knows of a company/place/shop/whatever that needs a worker ....not just any worker but someone who really really works and likes to work but be payed accordingly and fairly please let me know.
I have welding experience, shop experience, auto mechanic, framing/carpentry/remodel, management experience, hotel maintenance experience, i've kinda done little bit of everything. I'm open to career change as far as getting into something new/learning a new career but without taking a huge paycut realizing starting pay with no experience in new career would not be much I guess.

My biggest experiences are working in shops, welding, mechanics, light fabrication! I probably am not as "qualified" as the next guy lets say but what I can PROMISE, my work ethic is above and beyond what is expected. I don't like standing around, no chitter chatter, no lunch break stuff, no gossip I go to work to work not "hang out" or make friends...not sounding mean here just being honest though.
Currently make $17hr, would like to stay at that at least and hope to grow from there but I guarantee my work performance is worth twice that!

Sorry for the long essay but figured just in case there is a opportunity out there, I wanted to give that person the best description of who I am and what I am looking for. Thank you

Not to sound like a dick but why would anyone hire and train you just to have you bail in 5 months. Just about everyone around here is currently hiring, take your pick.
Well if you read my post, I only bail when places don't show me their appreciation, don't keep their end of the deal after ore than enough time that Ive shown and kept mine. It's a 2way deal in my book. And yes I hold them to a high standard but after months and months of giving them %110 I expect them to uphold their word, it's simple. So far in my experience, I've gotten treated no different than the next guy whose late, slacking, unmotivated just there for a check and when I'm doing twice their work and speed, yeah that doesn't go over well so I start to loose interest.

no chitter chatter, no lunch break stuff, no gossip I go to work to work not "hang out" or make friends...not sounding mean here just being honest though.
As employer , this says not a team player not going to help others.
I dedicate myself to the work, the task and the workplace %110 until not shown appreciation as promised!
shows you are very one sided and do not understand inner workings on a business or that you think you are giving 110% but business sees you are giving less .
IMO that is many may see otherwise
like @drkelly said job markets the best its been good luck

shows you are very one sided and do not understand inner workings on a business or that you think you are giving 110% but business sees you are giving less .
IMO that is many may see otherwise
like @drkelly said job markets the best its been good luck
This.

I've got a guy that works for me that thinks he's better than everyone else because of his work ethic but in reality no one really cares for him because of his attitude and he's not as great as he thinks he is. I like his dedication to the job but in reality he needs to humble himself and realize he's not killing it like he thinks he is.

Also, I don't pay attention to most of your posts because I think you're an AW but if it's true that you only hang around about 5-6 months then bail that's a major flaw you need to correct. My buddy and me had a conversation about this and we both think that if you sign up for a job you need to stay committed at least two years. Unless, it's a complete trainwreck then maybe you bail sooner. I will say that we're both in supervision so I know there's a difference.

Not everywhere needs a team player, and at most large companies, "team player" is code for "will do someone elses job for them because they are too lazy".

Well if you read my post, I only bail when places don't show me their appreciation, don't keep their end of the deal after ore than enough time that Ive shown and kept mine. It's a 2way deal in my book. And yes I hold them to a high standard but after months and months of giving them %110 I expect them to uphold their word, it's simple. So far in my experience, I've gotten treated no different than the next guy whose late, slacking, unmotivated just there for a check and when I'm doing twice their work and speed, yeah that doesn't go over well so I start to loose interest.
I do hear what you are saying, and have been in the same situation before. Unfortunately, no one is going to give you that opportunity if you don't stay around for a while. There is definitely a game to be played, and it sounds like you have too strong of a drive and too strong of a mindset to take the time to play it. Honestly, that's the drive that should bring you success owning your own business, IF you are willing to deal with customers. Unfortunately, it sounds like you are too set in your ways to listen to things you deem foolish or unnecessary (I can relate), which will prevent building any long term customer relationships. I do wish you the best of luck, but from my keyboard ninja observations, you need to do some self reflection about longevity and persisting through in order to find success.

No company is going to give you a promotion or a raise after 5 months. Most likely not even after 6 months. Raises usually happen at the 1 year or even 2 year mark after you have shown your performance. You need to stick out a job and do it for at least 2 years as some one else said before saying thy are screwing you and leave.

www.leeboy.com

if your interested shoot me a PM and I will give you more info.

Around here, youre guaranteed a raise after 90 days. After that, its up to you to earn your raise.

We are constantly hiring shop hands. The company is growing and needs more hands, so youre welcome to apply. But dont expect to be handed raises and move up the ranks by default. It wont happen.

Winston Steel & Stair LLC. Our parent company, Lyndon Steel Company, is also always hiring shop hands.

Good luck, and try sticking with a job.

Not everywhere needs a team player, and at most large companies, "team player" is code for "will do someone elses job for them because they are too lazy".

I do hear what you are saying, and have been in the same situation before. Unfortunately, no one is going to give you that opportunity if you don't stay around for a while. There is definitely a game to be played, and it sounds like you have too strong of a drive and too strong of a mindset to take the time to play it. Honestly, that's the drive that should bring you success owning your own business, IF you are willing to deal with customers. Unfortunately, it sounds like you are too set in your ways to listen to things you deem foolish or unnecessary (I can relate), which will prevent building any long term customer relationships. I do wish you the best of luck, but from my keyboard ninja observations, you need to do some self reflection about longevity and persisting through in order to find success.
Wow very well said. You get me. I do hear the other side of things and YES running my own business was the best thing ever and always will be. Hopefully someday I can get established again.

Good luck.

...To the future employer that is...
Hahahaha Mike, no offense but your company was one of them. they hired me for one job I ended up training excelling at 7 different stations and it was nothing but empty promises sorry but that's just how it was/is bruh. Only a few of your guys could keep up. they didn't even attempt to give me what I was told twice by management for the work I was performing. You did me pretty well with what you could do I hold nothing against you at all, but the ones above you. Peace homie!

I need an 8th Grade math teacher.

2 months off in summer
No weekends
Paid holidays
No nights
Decent healthcare
Lol don't think I'm qualified.

Just a curious question. How many jobs have you had in your 20 years in the work force? Because in the time you've been on this board I think you've been in like 6-8 somewhere in there.

I've been in three jobs in my 16 years in the work force. Current job 12 years.

John, just as a spectator, how many employers have you had in the past two years?
THIs A++
I see people like this on a daily , 4 page resume of past jobs , most lasting 6 to 8 months and its always the employer fault. " didn't get raise " I was doing everything . I had to do stuff i wasn't hired for . I am like MFer you are paid to be there do what is ask of you , if you want to come in as head of a company start your own , but with that outlook on work don't see it making it.
Been same job on and off :got pissed and quit a couple times" for 20 years started out at 30k a year now triple that because I worked , I did what guyu who paid me told me to .
NO ONE needs to give you a job or give you money earn that shit

I'm starting a second shift, gonna need 70-100 people, production line and warehouse work. Insurance and $10/hr. No promises, if you don't show what I want to see, I'm quick to fire. Don't really care how many employers you've had or why you've left...the $10/hr market is usually high turnover anyway.

I’m with nick and a few others on here. 6-8 months at a job employers are still looking at you trying to figure out if your working that hard to try and get a raise then slow down. Most places want to see what your drive is like after you been there a while, as they would say “when you stop trying to prove your place”. And if you’ve been turning over jobs over 6-8 months most places will throw your resume in the trash, your not worth the risk. Most companies expect it to cost somewhere between 5-10,000 when they hire someone or at least around that amount in my field. That’s due to slow downs from training, mess ups and getting you equipped for the job. Your not getting a raise till you make that money back for them and then some. At 6-8 months you might not have even made the money they lost hiring you yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back