Jet Performance Accuspeed...READ THIS BEFORE YOU BUY!

bartjeep

Jet Performance Accuspeed... READ THIS BEFORE YOU BUY
I just wanted to relay the "customer service" I just got from Jet... I bought a Accuspeed from Jet to recalibrate my speedo and could not get it to work correctly. Not sure why, because I have installed the same unit in a friends truck with no problem, so I am assuming the unit was bad. The unit would cut in and out, causing some crazy shifting and the speedo would go from 0 to pinned when shifted from P to D.

Sent the unit back to Jet just before Thanksgiving...and got it back today with a note saying the unit was damaged/not under warranty. So I called the "customer service" department to find out why a unit that was a month old was not under warranty. NO JOKE, THE GUY TELLS ME BECAUSE I CUT THE WIRES COMING OFF THE THING, THAT THE WARRANTY WAS NULL. So apparently, if you get one and put it in the cab (like the instructions reccomend), DO NOT CUT ANY OF THE 5 FEET OF WIRE FOR YOUR POS OR NEG LEADS, because it will void warranty. They reccomended that you just ball the wire up and leave it under the dash.

I have never dealt with such stupidity in my whole life. He could not give me one damn reason why they would not warranty the unit, except for the fact that the wires were shortened They are not going to do anything about it and I am out $180. Seriously, after 15 mins on the phone, the only excuse the guy would give me was that I shortened the wires, therefore they can't "do anything with it". Apparently, in retard land if you shorten a 22 guage power lead from 5 feet to 12" than maybe it doesn't still get 12 volts?

Just thought everyone should know how they treat their former customers. I am sure some of you have had good experiences with Jet, but this is plain stupid.

jb

Ask to speak with a supervisor.

I just called and talked to the customer service manager and he agreed to take a look at the unit again and see what he can do. I will update when they do or don't take care of the issues so that everyone can make informed decisions on where to spend their coin.

Definitely keep pushing them and escalating the issue with their management. Don't get angry, even though it's really hard not too. Document everything.

I just went through this with an exhaust I bought - they did not ship me what I ordered, and were trying to claim it was my fault, and that they could not take it back because it was "special order". It worked out OK because I would not let up on them, and finally got to talk to someone with some sense (not a front-line phone person) who could understand what was going on.

Also, you can *calmly* mention to them that you're on X number of 4x4 bulletin boards and in whatever 4x4 club, and that folks there are interested to hear the outcome of this. Hopefully they'll want to make you happy, so that they don't look bad to other potential customers.

People suggested to me that one tactic is to have your credit card company dispute the charge. I am not sure how this works, but I've heard that if you don't get anywhere with the people, you can mention to them that you are going to have to do this, and they will cave because they don't want the credit card company not to pay them.

Hope this helps!
Richard

Back