Jesse Haines Buggy build "buggy in a box" lol (literally)

Discussion in 'Build Threads' started by marty79, Aug 14, 2019 at 9:21 PM.

1. marty79

marty79 Well-Known Member Banned Twice Already

this week got to start my new build. A JH Buggy chassis straight out of a box..literally lol
    Kinda cool, comes with a jig with million parts and instructions with thousand pages. 3rd day into it and I'm apparently pretty far along all things considering. Will keep pictures and details coming as I get further along. Pretty cool setup though, little annoying with some of the parts just fitting way too tight otherwise so far so good. Each tube is engraved (very hard to find and see) so took the time to clean each end and label every part and lay it all out for easy referencing. After that, putting the jig together was quite the challenge. SOO many pieces and each piece must go on a certain side of the other and each bolt has to go through a certain way and when you look at the diagram, well it's quite overwhelming and tricky.

2. marty79

That's only half the box unloaded lol.
    IMG_20190814_084939275.jpg IMG_20190814_070843611.jpg IMG_20190814_070813007.jpg IMG_20190814_070800699.jpg IMG_20190814_164957262.jpg IMG_20190814_164943542.jpg IMG_20190814_164930016.jpg

3. obullfish

obullfish Well-Known Member

4. marty79

bruh lol heck no. it's at work

5. WARRIORWELDING

WARRIORWELDING Owner opperator Of WarriorWelding LLC.

where is this work you speak of??

6. karatejosh

karatejosh Well-Known Member

Don’t mess up that’s about a 4K chassis lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Jeff B

Jeff B pool boy

:Facepalm:

Blaze, rockcity and GONOVRIT like this.
  8. marty79

ok care to explain??
    let me guess at this one. You, like most people on here, can't even begin to imagine me doing actual legit work because all you've ever seen and judged me on is my personal rigs built from scrap parts on a budget. Well, since for 4 months now I work in a fabrication shop, I'm actually able to finally open up my skill sets and put forth into action my real potential that I knew I always had. I just never could justify spending this amount of time and money on my own rig just to get out and play in the woods with something that looks pretty. For a job or customers, this is me and what kind of work I can do. (go check out the Firetruck M-37 build for more of my work).
    Vice Unlimited - Tim Odell
    yes don't remind me haha. It's actually not too bad. I like this kind of stuff, focused and in the zone, attention to detail!

9. marty79

and fyi, IF I was the incompetent idiot you perceive me to be, I wouldn't be half as far along with this jig and build in 2.5days as I am. There's a lot going on on that table than what you see in the picture for a "ghetto idiot" to be able to execute

XJsavage likes this.
  10. jankoid

jankoid Rock Humper

I sure do love a Fuller thread. :popcorn:

11. Jeff B

Jeff B pool boy

It's not about your skills. Put your ego back in your pocket where it belongs. It's about you.

I can compliment Tim, he is an excellent fabricator. Hopefully you will close mouth and open ears.

GONOVRIT, NickMaul and Chris_Keziah like this.
  12. marty79

Seriously dude, now your gonna back out. I only said something because you, like always, start with smart comments. So why not you grow up, keep quiet and keep your smart comments to yourself.

XJsavage likes this.
  13. CasterTroy

CasterTroy Motarded

@1-tonmudder grab another bag :popcorn:

Mac5005, NickMaul and Chris_Keziah like this.
  14. Jeff B

Jeff B pool boy

For the same reason you dont go fuck yourself when its recommended.

Skills can always be improved. However, if you're always right. You will never be wrong. Right?

Like I stated, it's about you.

Blaze and JSJJ388 like this.
  15. 77GreenMachine

77GreenMachine Phillip Talton

Rock on Fuller! Now stop arguing with Jeff, get back to work and post more pics. Less typing, more pics will do this thread well.

I think everyone is impressed with how far you’ve came, just learn to keep you mouth (keyboard fingers) shut and you’ll go a long way! :D

16. 77GreenMachine

77GreenMachine Phillip Talton

Wait... are you talking about Fuller, or the head hancho around here? :cool:

awheelterd, Ron, Jeff B and 4 others like this.
  17. Stuntman Autoworks

Stuntman Autoworks Instigator of things

Am I one of the few that thinks this chassis is way overrated and priced? It's not a complicated design and any fabricator could make it. I think the cost goes up because of the name and the jig.

18. Loganwayne

Loganwayne #BTL

ive looked at buying a "box buggy" from a couple different places. they can get up to the 8-10,000 range pretty quick if you buy all the skins and stuff. hell for that price you can get a semi-custom roller i think.

NCJeeplover and drkelly like this.
  19. JSJJ388

JSJJ388 GREEN GREMLIN

This oughta be good! @marty79 here is your chance to shine man. Knock it out of the park and show us what you can do. Best way to shut the haters up is to show em that you really are a capable fabricator. I really do look forward to seeing how this pans out.

But seriously, be like a duck. Just let it roll and keep your trap shut! (I know, I often need to take my own advice :cool: )

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019 at 9:19 AM
  20. BigClay

BigClay Well-Known Member

John - congrats on the new job, I hope you learn a lot and become a valuable employee. Like others said, more pics!! :rockon:

obullfish likes this.
  21. ProbablyBroke

ProbablyBroke does not torque to spec

Looking good John, make sure bossman and customer are cool with you posting pics. When someone pays big money, they might want it to be "their build". I'm Glad you've found somewhere to turn your passion into a paycheck.

trailhugger, guffey24 and Loganwayne like this.
  22. Jeff B

Jeff B pool boy

That would be Fuller

23. Brownsxj

Brownsxj Well-Known Member

Real cool! Can’t wait for updates.

24. Brownsxj

Brownsxj Well-Known Member

And how much did that shipment weigh?!

25. Ron

Ron Dum Spiro Spero Moderator

Rock on @marty79
    From this corner it seems you have calmed down and zoned in a bit lately and frankly Im excited for you. Not that my opinion means anything. I hope you thrive, succeed grow and flourish.

Tim used to post here a lot ( @firetoy IIRC) and he has churned out some badass stuff.

Good luck