Jeep Build on hold (or not)

jyaks

Too many kids for a TJ
Just found out that we are going to be having TWINS!!! That means I'll have 4 kids under 4 when the twins are born. My oldest son will turn 4 a couple months after they are born. I was just starting to get the ok from the wife about new tires and other goodies to actually start building my Jeep. Guess I'll stay "stock" in my mind for a LOT longer...(read sig for details on stock) Was hoping to finally get Sye and other stuff. So I can start going on these trips to wheel other than URE with more people on here. Here's to hoping that happens one day....

Definitely congratulations! Don’t worry though, I had probably 7 years off the trails completely while getting the family up and going. My $.02, your kids will enjoy the milder stuff more while they’re young. My kids are still terrified of the harder stuff and it’s not as much fun without your co-pilots.

Thanks everyone, my 2 boys are more about the Jeep life than I am. I'm ready for them to start camping with me.

Anyone wanna trade for a jku strait up?

Congratulations! Sounds like you are going to need a 6 seater Jeep!

Congrats and Oh Sh!t! all in one. From dad of twins +1. Ours are 6 now. It's been wild to say the least. But, they're on the trails now (in a WJ).

I plan on keeping the TJ I can fit the 2 car seats in the back now, so changing to another Jeep with just a back seat doesn't really help. It'll be the 3 of us for a couple years anyway. Unless someone can watch the twins so the wife can ride also.

I plan on keeping the TJ I can fit the 2 car seats in the back now, so changing to another Jeep with just a back seat doesn't really help. It'll be the 3 of us for a couple years anyway. Unless someone can watch the twins so the wife can ride also.
I have a family of 5, so I wanted something we could all ride in... not that we all trail ride together all the time. Wife couldn't care less. I'd love to trade to a TJ, but this WJ is like a wallet vacuum. I've got too much in it to see her go for the near future and it makes a heck of a hunting truck too.

Congratulations! Twins +2 < 5 years apart and wife is forever thankful the twins arrived before the singles. Excursions and Suburbans become your new best friend.

I was joking with her the other day that now I'll get her a 2nd Tj that's an auto so she can drive it. That way we can all still wheel together.

man, how does it feel to be having twins?!
More shock than anything. Just glad it happened after we moved into the new house. If they are boys we're good but if there is at least 1 girl that means we gotta but everything. And don't get me started about daycare... one of us might have to leave work cause it'd be cheaper

You gone and done it now, Congrats man I’d stroke out with 4 kids under 4! I think there’s something in the Nc4x4 water...

I was joking with her the other day that now I'll get her a 2nd Tj that's an auto so she can drive it. That way we can all still wheel together.

More shock than anything. Just glad it happened after we moved into the new house. If they are boys we're good but if there is at least 1 girl that means we gotta but everything. And don't get me started about daycare... one of us might have to leave work cause it'd be cheaper
Tell me about it. I just have one in daycare and that along with the medical bills are killing us! aaaaaaannnnndd, the wifey already wants another one!

Just wanted to update everyone (not sure if anyone is following this or not) but we just found out that we are having 2 girls. We had the option of one of each or 2 of either. There is still a very very small chance of identical but let's pray they are fraternal.

I got no kids....so I can just laugh, and laugh, and laugh, and laugh, and laugh, and laugh, and laugh, and laugh.......

Something to look forward to: What's worse than having 4 kids under 4 years old? Paying tuition for four kids in college at the same time.

CONGRATS, anyway!

I got no kids....so I can just laugh, and laugh, and laugh, and laugh, and laugh, and laugh, and laugh, and laugh.......

Something to look forward to: What's worse than having 4 kids under 4 years old? Paying tuition for four kids in college at the same time.

CONGRATS, anyway!

I figure in 15 years college degrees won't be a real thing that matters anymore...

You know all 9,000,000,000 internet colleges and all.

Here's to hoping.

Back