Irregular tire wear pattern - Nitto Ridge Grapplers

Subzilla

Test Driver
Triad - Mt. Pleasant, Concord & Georgeville
2003 Tahoe with Nitto Ridge Graps showing a diagonal wear pattern on all 4 tires. 50k miles on tires but still have more tread. Checked all suspension and steering for looseness/wear. New Bilstein shocks a few years ago. Rotate tires every 5k miles. Fresh alignment a year ago. I’ve never seen a wear pattern like this. Thoughts???

Attachments

• IMG_7428.jpeg
    IMG_7428.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_7425.jpeg
    IMG_7425.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 72
Had that a year ago and was recommended shocks. Everything else was in spec and no issues. New shocks and problem solved. Bilstein apparently has gone the way of everyone else and got cheap and not reliable for long term. (I had bilstein on the truck in question).

Random question would also be when was the last time they were checked for balance? Not like just spun on the machine but actually stripped of all weight and re- balanced. Like the saying if Momma ain’t happy…..

The tires are the most important part of road contact (IMHO). If something isn’t right there it can cause a whole mess of issues.

My earlier post was new tire mounting and balance and correcting shocks as a preventative based on wear of the old tires coming off the truck. I also had just down TRE and wheel bearing cause it’s a dodge and it was warranted before I put $1,800 of new tires on the rig.

So what brand of shocks are "good" these days? Need a set on my 02 tahoe
That’s a good question. I put new bilsteins on because I had good service with them but I was told they just don’t last as long like they used to. My instance is also a daily driven 2500 diesel so it’s heavy use.

That’s a good question. I put new bilsteins on because I had good service with them but I was told they just don’t last as long like they used to. My instance is also a daily driven 2500 diesel so it’s heavy use.
I put a set of Bilsteins on my Dodge also. They road good, but after 5yrs they were toast. The said part is I only put about 5k on it in those 5 yrs.

I put a set of Bilsteins on my Dodge also. They road good, but after 5yrs they were toast. The said part is I only put about 5k on it in those 5 yrs.
not driving them the rubber seals are susceptible to drying, bonding and tearing.

Back