Instant Pot Recipes?

BigClay

Knower of useless ZJ things
My wife has gotten an instant pot (or is it insta pot?) so what are some of your favorite recipes? We are trying the low carb thing, so that does limit us a little.

My wife has gotten an instant pot (or is it insta pot?) so what are some of your favorite recipes? We are trying the low carb thing, so that does limit us a little.
Crock Pot? I read this title soooooo wrong.
upload_2018-9-18_9-35-7.jpeg

1. Cream Mushroom soup, frozen beef hamburger. Read cheap hamburger steak. Add some flavors per liking. We add strong onions or the like.

2. Salsa pick one. Chicken breast. Shred when done. add cheese and any other taco like stuff.

we have several but these are stupid simple.

We've perfected spaghetti, but the learning curve is time consuming and neither of us enjoy cooking enough to make mistakes

1. Cream Mushroom soup, frozen beef hamburger. Read cheap hamburger steak. Add some flavors per liking. We add strong onions or the like.

2. Salsa pick one. Chicken breast. Shred when done. add cheese and any other taco like stuff.

we have several but these are stupid simple.

instapot =/= crock pot
\

Crock Pot? I read this title soooooo wrong.
View attachment 276437

It is kind of like a crock pot but it is more like a combination of a crock pot and a pressure cooker. Supposedly you can make a whole roast in some crazy short time like an hour and it supposedly tastes like it has been in the crock pot all day. This is the new "whiz bang" kitchen item and I am just trying to figure out if it is worth the hype.

It is basically a digitized pressure cooker they’ve made more millennial friendly.

We have one and love it. I’ll post a few recipes later when I’m not busy.

SOOOO its a pressurized bong shot for limited lung capacity. Got IT!
It is kind of like a crock pot but it is more like a combination of a crock pot and a pressure cooker. Supposedly you can make a whole roast in some crazy short time like an hour and it supposedly tastes like it has been in the crock pot all day. This is the new "whiz bang" kitchen item and I am just trying to figure out if it is worth the hype.

As a single dude that lives alone, the instant pot is great for simplification of cooking. Eff the complex recipies. I use it to steam asparagus, broccoli, potatoes, and fish. It will make rice decently well dispite my inability to master it otherwise. I also make my own stock to use in the steaming process with it.

I don't agree that meat from it tastes as good as it does slow cooked, but it certainly good enough.

Instant Pot is pretty awesome. I wish I knew how to use it but my wife uses it all the time. I think my favorite thing she has made so far has been the buffalo wings in it and the ribs are a close second.

I acquired one back in the summer when a good friend merged houses with her BF.

I've used it to saute meat for chili but still prefer to do that in my 13" skillet bc of draining the fat. I've also used it to make chili and find it superior to the actual crock pot for that function.

I like it for cooking a whole pork loin, which I cut into smaller pieces and rub with mustard and spices just like I would for the grill or smoker. We eat it as BBQ sandwiches or pork tacos.

My favorite use is for cooking several pounds of chicken breasts or thighs to use throughout the week. I add about a half cup of water to about 6# of chicken, along with salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin, and paprika. It does its automagic 'poultry' thing and then I shred the meat and divide it into Pyrex containers. We use it for tacos, chicken chili, or Tikka Masala. I save the broth to use for making rice (on the stove, haven't tried it in the instant pot) with the chicken Tikka, to thin the chili a bit, or to cook beans to have with the tacos.

@77GreenMachine , you never did post recipes... :lol:

As someone who has a freezer full of whole chicken, I try to experiment with ways to cook them. As Cyd mentioned above, putting one in the instant pot works well. I have even found that you can put one in frozen. The spices do not take to it as well, but it works extremely well if you are going to use the meat in other dishes, and will season it then.

I also did wings in the instant pot. They werent the same as a fried or smoked wing, but I put them in the IP with the spices, hot sauce and butter, and them came out pretty good. The meat fell off the bone, and the flavors seemed to be a little deeper than cooking them another way.

The IP is also the best way to hard boil eggs, hands down. Esp if you have farm fresh eggs.

A few friends have been wanting me to try IP spaghetti/pasta. You brown the meat in the pot, add dry noodles and sauce, and cook. They say the noodles really soak up the flavors.

Back