Inspection place says OBD would not communicate

VortecJeep

Powered by Uranium-235
Took the trail rig (2000 TJ, 4.0, manual) to get it inspected today. He wouldn't pass it, he said the OBD port would not communicate. I get home, thinking I need to check fuses and grounds. But first I plug my scanner in and it communicates just fine.

So, is there something I need to look for? Or just go try an inspection again?

I always took my Jeep to Mini-Xtreme on hwy 29 behind Cookout. Unless it changed a guy on here owned it. Never had any problems.

I think his name on here was Papa_John or something like that

2c4fac882b1812ff64de6b0fded61a40.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I always took my Jeep to Mini-Xtreme on hwy 29 behind Cookout. Unless it changed a guy on here owned it. Never had any problems.

I think his name on here was Papa_John or something like that

2c4fac882b1812ff64de6b0fded61a40.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I've always went there or the mini extreme in Harrisburg. I went to the one in Harrisburg today because I was already over that way. I'll go to a different tomorrow.

I wonder if it was just a case of Raleigh's computer, being down? That Should have shown, but I don't have a clue. Seems every time I have to go to DMV for anything, their having computer problems!

Thought I'd let you know how it turned out.

Took it this morning to Brandon at My Honest Mechanic in Harrisburg, just behind Charlotte Motor Speedway. He used to go to our church. Everything worked and it passed.

He has some eye candy there he is repairing/rebuilding. An old CJ7 and an old Grand Wagoneer. He said the CJ owner wants the body lift removed so he and his wife can get in it easier. Turns out previous owner did a hack job of an engine swap and so everything hits when he started to remove the body lift.

The Grand Wagonner looked in decent shape, but he said there was a lot engine work that needed to be done.

Nothing is ever as easy as you'd like.

My Subi will only communicate with one scanner in Huntersville area, so theres that to chew on

Back