I'm making a product. Give me your thoughts. Ratchet Strap Organizer.

Will Carter

I started on this little project back in January. Got my patent work finished up and have inventory on the shelf. Finally at the point where I'm ready to hit the GO button.

Anyway, If you have five minutes take a browse through my site and let me know if you see any typos or get any weird messages that pop up. This is my first go at building a website from "scratch" (Yes, I realize how far from scratch I really am with WP).

Check out the Strap Wrap Organizer. The coolest ratchet strap organizer I've ever seen (I guess I'm a bit biased). There's more content on the way. Making videos this week. Geez, good content takes a crap ton of time...

Hit the like buttons if you would too.
Facebook - Strap Wrap Organizer
Instagram - @strap_wrap_organizer
Pinterest - Strap Wrap Organizer
YouTube - Strap Wrap Organizer

Better yet, buy one! (or 12). Code NC44 for 5% off (damn the sales tax man). Buy 4 or more and get 10% off. 30 day money back guarantee.

Let me know what you think. Good or bad. I enjoy constructive criticism.

If you're in interweb geek I'd love to hear any insight on what I might need to do to my site.

Thanks.

TruckBed_RatchetStrapOrganizer.jpg

TruckBed_RatchetStrapOrganizer 2.jpg

Last edited:
I know it's kind of pedantic but at least on mobile your site doesn't allow CC info autofill and there's no paypal or google pay option. I mean it's super fuckin lazy but there are plenty of times things have sat in a shopping cart/never been ordered just because I didn't feel like fishing a card out and entering all the info.
Anyways website is well done, been waiting for these.

Generally looks great. Here's a couple nit-picks, all from the "About us" page:

Should be a colon after "necessity", and "an all-in-one"

Remove "sometimes" and just put a comma. It will read smoother. Put a comma after "frazzled".

I'm no English major either, but I didn't see anything else that looked out of place. All the links work. Cart works. You should mention something about the 10% discount for quantities of 4+.

Technical question. I'm ready to order, but I have these SmartStraps 14 ft. Orange Premium RatchetX Tie Down, 1000 lb., Pack of 4 at Tractor Supply Co. which are 1-1/8" wide. Will they fit on a 1" StrapWrap, or do I need the 1.5"?

Also, you should (eventually) offer a thicker, polished aluminum option for 1) People who like to spend money on shiny stuff. 2) People who don't like sharp steel edges on straps and would prefer a thicker piece with a larger radius on the edges. 3) People who will drop them and eventually crack the zinc coating, causing it to flake off and rust. 4) People who want different pretty anodized color options to match their <buggy/strap/car/front bumper dildo/etc>

I think the site looks good! This is genius and I'd like a few...sure beats rolling them up and wrapping w/ duct tape! Can I pick up locally vs. having them shipped? PM if me so and we can work out the details. One question / observation on the site...any opposition to putting your location (physical address) and an email in your "Contact Us" section? I know it says "Made in the USA" at the top of the page, but if I'm buying something and I know the company is local I'm much more inclined to support local folks (and especially if it's in the Carolinas!). Nothing major but maybe a little marketing ploy that could help boost sales.

And you should offer free shipping for NC4x4 members on orders of 4+ ;) (though I'll gladly pay shipping to help get the orders rolling)

I like it. A lot. Ill have to get a few.

My only input is that using words like "thingy" and "frazzled" sounds unprofessional. Doesnt bother me a lick, but I can see it turning some uppity "professional" away.

Looks neat but I will still just roll and loop them. I know a few people i have showed how to roll and loop and they still wont do it. I hate seeing flappy straps. Seems like they should sell at that price point.

Lazy pay option.
On it.

Grammar police.

Technical question. I'm ready to order, but I have these SmartStraps 14 ft. Orange Premium RatchetX Tie Down, 1000 lb., Pack of 4 at Tractor Supply Co. which are 1-1/8" wide. Will they fit on a 1" StrapWrap, or do I need the 1.5"?
Fixed, thanks. 1" strap wraps are actually 1 1/8" wide. Should fit fine.

Also, you should (eventually) offer a thicker, polished aluminum option...
I'm barely organized enough to manufacture this option right now. But yeah, it's in the pipe. Want to see if it's a dumb idea or not first before I spend much more time on it.

Address...
I'll add one.

And you should offer free shipping for NC4x4 members on orders of 4+ ;) (though I'll gladly pay shipping to help get the orders rolling)
Hey, I'm making shit margins as it is! These are all made in house right now with exception of the zinc plating. There'll be more leeway and better pricing soon if I drop some coin to do some quantity.

Looks neat but I will still just roll and loop them. I know a few people i have showed how to roll and loop and they still wont do it. I hate seeing flappy straps. Seems like they should sell at that price point.
I roll and loop and I'm sick of it. Works great until I need to undo my loop in a hurry,in the cold, in the sun...

I can do die cut vinyl in....ANY size.

In the pictured section "you'll also find" comes before "you'll find". If there's going to be an "also" it should be in the second one.
Neat idea though. I usually rubber band mine until the giant bands dry rot or snap. Then I just carry spaghetti straps. I need to see what sizes I'm carrying around and order some.
4e8e801d17517d47d0127f62240ec654.jpg

Last edited:
If the H pieces are made of the right plastic, durability isn't really an issue, and could be cheaper to produce in bulk

I know it's kind of pedantic but at least on mobile your site doesn't allow CC info autofill and there's no paypal or google pay option. I mean it's super fuckin lazy but there are plenty of times things have sat in a shopping cart/never been ordered just because I didn't feel like fishing a card out and entering all the info.
Anyways website is well done, been waiting for these.
Get this listed on Amazon and these problems go away...

Suggestion: On the list of product sizes, or somewhere else, you should show an example picture of what kind of straps are usually that size.

For example, I'm sitting here thinking, "My $8 orange HF ratchets traps, that I have about 10 of that are in a big jumbled mess... WTF size are those things? Is this 1" size too big for that?"
If I have to wait and go home and measure the straps, there is 98% chance that by the time I get home I will have forgotten about this product's existence and won't order it.

I'd bet a large portion of your sales are going to be people who come across it and think "Damn, I need this NOW" but they don't need it so badly they'll make it a point to go out of their way later to get it.
E.g. it really need to be "immediate buy" friendly.

those look great

can i get some before june 15th race :)

my race car actually races :)

I roll and loop and I'm sick of it. Works great until I need to undo my loop in a hurry,in the cold, in the sun...
FYI - a couple of these Velcro ties overlayed together works very well as the loop.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001E1Y5O...d_i=velcro+cable+ties&hsa_cr_id=8609876510401

But then you still don't get the cool H wrapper, which IMO is the secret sauce here.

I think the site looks good! This is genius and I'd like a few...sure beats rolling them up and wrapping w/ duct tape! Can I pick up locally vs. having them shipped? PM if me so and we can work out the details. One question / observation on the site...any opposition to putting your location (physical address) and an email in your "Contact Us" section? I know it says "Made in the USA" at the top of the page, but if I'm buying something and I know the company is local I'm much more inclined to support local folks (and especially if it's in the Carolinas!). Nothing major but maybe a little marketing ploy that could help boost sales.

Good call out. I personally won't buy anything from a site that doesn't have a physical address on it. Too many scams and fly by night websites out there.

If I have to wait and go home and measure the straps, there is 98% chance that by the time I get home I will have forgotten about this product's existence and won't order it.
^This times eleventy seven!

Last edited:
Back