If your CTD clicks but doesn't start..

Rich

Asshole at large
and the batteries are good, it might be the starter contacts... $35 in parts and about an hour or 2 will have ya back up and running (er, starting!)

Here's a comparison of the VERY worn stocker and the HD replacement from LarryB...

If you ignore it... the consequences can be dire. the starter can stay engaged, and if you can't remove both battery terminals quickly, can start a small fire in the fuel shutoff solenoid wiring, burn up that $200+ solenoid, and fry the 70amp relay. Cheap insurance.

Attachments

• startercontacts.jpg
    startercontacts.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 360
Certainly reeks of a Toyota type repair, same symptoms, not quite as dire end result.

Nippondenso starter motor ?

Kevin

Yeah, Denso....

Oh, by the way.. www.fostertruck.com is where the parts came from...

Mr. Nuts - we'll see when your rig hits 240k. :flipoff2:

starter

I couldn't believe the difference when I looked at the contacts from Larry B's. I put them in my truck several years ago.

Rich said:
and the batteries are good, it might be the starter contacts... $35 in parts and about an hour or 2 will have ya back up and running (er, starting!)

Here's a comparison of the VERY worn stocker and the HD replacement from LarryB...

If you ignore it... the consequences can be dire. the starter can stay engaged, and if you can't remove both battery terminals quickly, can start a small fire in the fuel shutoff solenoid wiring, burn up that $200+ solenoid, and fry the 70amp relay. Cheap insurance.

BUY a PSD :D

sorry, I couldn't resist

Rob

Enjoy your glow plugs. :flipoff2:

Back