Identify this plant?

hunterdan

Wife and I took a stroll in our woods and she found this strange plant/flower. It was in the woods with the normal white pines,holly,oak and laurel... It has black and white with maybe some deep purple blooms that looked like a tulip upside down and had white shafts that looked like anemone from the ocean. I'd guess it was 8" tall and 6' across. I made a grrr sound just as my wife touched it...and she jumped 3 feet:)

Attachments

• 0710171459b.jpg
    0710171459b.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 263
Looks like ghost flower, sometimes called Indian pipe. Supposedly very rare. I've seen pictures but can't ever recall coming across one in the wild. I had to look it up; I remembered something about a white flower that looks like mushrooms.

Wow!
This group truly has the answer for anything. Heck with Confucius

PS; To those who said it's pot.... I read it can be smoked and the effects are similar to opium without hallucinations. Indians used it as a sedative.

Wife and I took a stroll in our woods and she found this strange plant/flower. It was in the woods with the normal white pines,holly,oak and laurel... It has black and white with maybe some deep purple blooms that looked like a tulip upside down and had white shafts that looked like anemone from the ocean. I'd guess it was 8" tall and 6' across. I made a grrr sound just as my wife touched it...and she jumped 3 feet:)
Maybe this is what the trespasser's were looking for or trying to keep ya'll from finding?

Yep definitely pot

Back