Idea/Improvement Suggestion

maybe im just not used to it yet....but i think im with the guys who liked it the old way.

I guess the important question is: how do you normally browse the forums? Section by section? New posts? Etc... And how has the new system affected that?

I read it section by section. I never got into the whole "new posts" thing. I liked the old way so if i ignored a thread that i didnt want to read, it essentially marked it as read when i clicked away from the section.

I love the new way....realy wish I could talk you into the body of message in email...bu Im giving up on that....

Of course you could create a header that coms in every email that says do not reply...or if you wanna get real creative have the email come from a special emaill addy and have it reply to all incoming messages with, "HEY DUMBASS GO BACK AND RE-READ THAT LAST EMAIL"....

BTW at least VT is looking better now, just took the lead over BSU

I love the new way....realy wish I could talk you into the body of message in email...bu Im giving up on that....
Of course you could create a header that coms in every email that says do not reply...or if you wanna get real creative have the email come from a special emaill addy and have it reply to all incoming messages with, "HEY DUMBASS GO BACK AND RE-READ THAT LAST EMAIL"....
BTW at least VT is looking better now, just took the lead over BSU

On this note (I agree w/ Ron), alot of boards havet he email coming from an account "donotreply@board.com" etc, which is setup to block any incoming mail.
So if somebody is in fact dumb enough to not notice the address they are replyin gto, it will be boucned back anyway.

Or you coudl set up an autoreply from that email which says "Um excuse me... reply to messeges with the link... (idiot)..."

pretty please?

Done. You get PM text and subscribed thread text is now in the body of the email.

But replying via email just bounces.

Next time I see you near an illegal bar in back woods Appalachia...I'll buy you a beer.

Back