Icon shock refill.

rattlecanpaint

Anyone in the Greensboro area rebuild shocks? I've got (really just one but they probably need to be redone in pairs?) The rears on my Tacoma leaking oil. It's been leaking for a while but now it's getting all floppy. It may just need oil added but not sure.

I’m not in Greensboro but I can. I’m
In rocky mount.

What icons are they? 2.0,2.5?
Threaded body or smooth, emulsions or remote/piggyback resi?

Want to make sure I can’t get seals for the ones you have before i speak too soon.

shockseals.com will have seals for pretty much anything and they're awesome to deal with.

Some of the Icon shocks are a pain to deal with because of the needle type valve for the NO2, but they can be replaced by classic schraders with minimal work.

Depending on the spring rate and preload, the springs on the front coilovers on a Taco can be a pain to remove/install if you don't have a big spring compressor.

I believe they are the 2.0 Smooth body with remote reservoirs. These are the rears only though. Not the fronts. I believe they have a regular schrader valve on the reservoirs. (Though I haven't looked super close)

Super easy to do then.
I used to live in GSO and would have loved to help you, but I moved out recently.

@Mac5005 is a great dude and I'm sure would do an excellent job at this.

Back